Technical Project Analyst - PMO
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:39:33 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for successful execution of defined project support tasks as allocated by PMO leader. The Project Coordinator will assist the Project Manager as the logistical interface for strategic GE Digital customers and ensure that customer commitments are being met through the Order-to-Remittance processes.
The Project Coordinator will work cross-functionally to provide an exceptional service experience for customers. This individual needs to be an analytical thinker and detailed problem solver, with an ability to communicate at all levels. At this position, you will have the opportunity to support projects within the GE across various functions and industry groups. Your successful performance in this position could lead to other challenging career opportunities within GE.
In this role, you will:
• Apply business applications (Oracle, Salesforce, SFDC and etc) for customer orders booking, internal billing, external invoice and internal & external procurement
• Collect and consolidate timesheet of services team for utilization reporting.
• Assist Operation & PMO leader on handling long term service agreements, site services and customer training.
• Work with finance team for monthly and quarterly closing, including timesheet collection, revenue recognition, cost booking and etc.
• Cooperate with internal function and external vendors to complete the process to ensure direct and indirect material procurement and delivery to meet project execution requirements.
• Support project manager to take immediate all necessary actions and decisions to guarantee financial, time, quality and safety performance to maximize project goals achievements.
• Has early involvement in assigned projects Inquiry-to-Order (ITO) phase- provide guidance on process steps to execute successfully the customer requests.
• Proactively Initiate outbound calls to project managers and/or customers.
• Support project team on project documentation management according to project implementation methodology and ISO9001.
• Monitor progress and provide regular updates through the life-cycle for designated projects. Provide problem analysis and corrective action as needed.
• Prior project or customer support role with administrative experience
• Prior experience with project-based work, customer fulfillment, and other commercial functions
• Must be detail oriented with superior organizational skills
• Able to administer multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
• Ability to effectively interface with internal and external customers at multiple organizational levels, including senior management
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including virtual and electronic communications.
• Minimum BS degree in disciplines with strong quantitative background, e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Natural Sciences, Economics, Management Science, Engineering, Computer Sciences and Finance.
• Experience in project related operation and coordination is preferred.
• Experience of implementing contemporary commercial applications such as Salesforce.com, Oracle.
• Be able to work under pressure.
• Understanding of basic contractual terms and conditions
• Working knowledge of business and financial fundamentals
• Prior experience working virtually with team members that are not co-located
• Experience with data analysis and tools
• Proven experience of working with internal center of excellence and external vendors,
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai