Location(s): United States ; Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Georgia; Various Locations Nationwide: Michigan, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, Texas or Ohio
About Us: Healthcare Life Sciences:
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: The Consumables Sales Specialist is responsible for driving the sales and profit of Consumables product lines including protein purification (AKTA), western blotting (Amersham), filtration (Whatman) and nucleic acid biology (Illustra) with customers in academic, biotech, pharmaceutical and industrial accounts. The job focuses on increasing revenue by generating sales from new and existing customers through providing specialist knowledge of the product range.
Essential Responsibilities: • Is accountable to achieve orders and sales target for Consumables product range in the assigned territory. Vacancies presently being hired for through this posting include the following territories:
1. OH, MI & IN
2. MO, KS, NE, MN, ND & SD
3. GA, AL & TN
4. FL & PR
• Forecast orders and sales within the applicable sales funnel tools and reports for their products in their assigned territory.
• The mode of sale for the Consumable lines will take place either via a distribution partner, or in the event that the customer institution elects not to use a distribution partner, then the sales are to be managed directly by the Consumables Sales Channel Specialist. Both approaches will then require the development, and execution of an account defined strategy, including customer specific tactics aimed at achieving defined growth targets. Success will require excellent management of all client relationships, both direct and indirect, plus the ability to work within a matrixed environment alongside Account Managers and other Sales Specialists.
• Identify, design and execute a strategy for each key customer within the area of responsibility. Where possible this strategy will proactively drive the management of that account and future business growth through an agreed distribution channel
• To manage the business day to day relationship within any transferred accounts by working closely with the distributor sales force to drive acceptance of our consumable products through agreed activity.
• To actively own and directly manage the day to day sales of consumable products within those accounts that have chosen not to migrate to any distributor channel
• Create business plans for territory/assigned accounts including, but not limited to opportunity development, competitive strategies and targets
• Identify and respond to key account technical and departmental decision makers’ needs. Continuously develop a network of key decision makers within the assigned territory.
• Track and communicate market trends to/from the field including competitor data, and develop and lead towards a sustainable competitive advantage
• Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of their product range. Be able to present and discuss the technology and benefits in terms which are relevant to customers.
• Maintain up to date market and competitor knowledge related to their product/solutions/services.
• Drive and initiate development of new business opportunities working with Account manager and other Sales Specialists to obtain maximum synergy across the business.
• Continuously update their understanding the customers changing operational issues and challenges.
• Differentiate assigned product offering during the various stages of the sales process, effectively using GE resources and approved product marketing and product promotion material to actively support the customer through their decision making process towards a successful outcome for GE.
• Contribute to account plans where applicable at accounts covered by account managers. Continuously educate and coach account team members on the Consumables strategy and offerings.
• Collaborate with and leverage subject matter experts and other resources within GEHC channels to build relationships and secure business.
Qualifications/Requirements: •. Bachelor’s Degree or minimum 3 years of commercial experience in a medical, healthcare or technical field (e.g. biomedical engineering, medical physicists) or Life Sciences field)
• Previous experience in the Healthcare Industry
•. Ability to interface with both internal team members and external customers as part of solutions based sales approach;
•. Ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
• Strong capacity and drive to develop career
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
• Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent negotiation and closing skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Must live and be able to travel extensively within the assigned territory.
• Valid motor vehicle license.
Desired Characteristics: • Advanced educational achievement and 5+ years of commercial experience
• Knowledge and or experience with one of the following: protein purification (AKTA), western blotting (Amersham), filtration (Whatman) and nucleic acid biology (Illustra)
Locations: United States ; Alabama, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Florida, Georgia; Various Locations Nationwide: Michigan, Missouri, Georgia, Florida, Texas or Ohio
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.