Sr Finance Staff Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:06:26 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Korea
Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seoul
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Commercial Finance (50%) & Financial planning and analysis (50%)
• Management of a team of people covering the full range of DAWs within the Commercial Finance family and FP&A family.
• Develops mid-term vision their own function.
• Contributes to the strategic plan of the larger unit (function or business unit).
• Focus on organizational/country or regional priorities for given job family.
Commercial Finance (50%)
• Responsible to develop innovative solutions to deliver customer outcomes & drive growth while managing company risk/reward.
• Seasoned, senior level individual contributors & managers requiring in-depth understanding of their business or function & how their role integrates with others within their discipline.
• Role requires good understanding of clients, industry, function & commercial markets.
• Establish and maintain the efficient and timely control over plan execution at a granular level, providing insightful and thorough risk & oppt’y analysis, with a goal of achieving OP targets at country level
Financial planning and analysis (50%)
• Effective partnership with the functional leaders, regional and HQ FP&A teams to ensure high quality and speed of financial analysis/reporting, drive responsible spending, facilitate effective decision making, and drive growth and productivity.
• Responsible for timely and accurate order/base cost/growth funding forecasting and forecast reporting for GGO/ (including estimates, BP, SII & OP rhythms)
• Manage and continually enhance functional base cost performance. Ensure accuracy of the financial results by recognizing controllership issues, and P&L presentation accuracy.
• Ensure timely execution of all monthly and quarterly closing activities required from FP&A side, partner with Controllership, Accounting and Reporting Teams
• At least 7-8 years of experience in a financial position, preferably in a commercial, strategy or FP&A role
• Graduate of GE FMP/CAS/EFLP or graduate of other financial leadership programs preferred
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Proven analytical and organizational ability
• High integrity standards; accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical and personal values in
decisions, communication, actions and when dealing with others
• Ability to multi-task
• Able to switch quickly and effectively between high level strategic thinking / analysis to detailed
reviews/ deep dives: ability to manage multiple projects as well as ongoing operational
• Proven ability to energize teams and those around them
• Ability to challenge processes and implement improved working methods
• Strong communication skills; ability to explain financial information in a clear and concise manner
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seoul