Analytics Engineer for Power Plant Components
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:40:22 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Digital Reliability Engineer will drive business growth by executing the engineering development and enabling sales of our new digital reliability software solution including Asset Performance Management. You will have opportunities to drive product improvements as well as be the technical face of this product to the customer and assist the sales team with current and future opportunities from initial discussion through implementation.
Execute the engineering development strategy of Reliability Centered Maintenance for Asset Performance Management, which includes leveraging multiple MVPs for specific customers.
Quantify capability of existing components of APM and identify gaps / guidance for future development.
Support development of Approval to Apply (ATA) documentation to be used in Multi-Year Service Agreement offerings / customer outcomes
Enable plant level reliability and availability forecasting with RAM Deck.
Prepare and consult on baseline assessments of a plant's reliability and availability.
Apply current and future product benefits into a concise narrative for the customer
Visit customer sites as needed to assist sales in presenting a technical solution
Visit customer sites as needed to conduct plant reliability assessments
Perform plant level criticality analyses for reliability centered maintenance
Provide domain expertise to support customer meetings and/or collaborative efforts as required
Execute work in accordance with the GE Power Services Engineering design practices and quality procedures
Work closely with the global PRO Engineering team to grow organizational expertise / depth and deliver on commitments
• Bachelor in Science in Mechanical Engineer .
• Strong Knowledge mechanical component failure modes.
• Engineering modeling software.
• Life data analyses.
• Knowledge on fundamentals of stochastic modeling.
• Experience on Physical phenomena modeling.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Experience on Power Plant component (turbine, boilers, steam, generator) failure modes.
• Experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
• Capable to conduct plant reliability assessments.
• Perform plant level criticality analyses for reliability centered maintenance.
• MSc in Statistical Analysis (Maths).
• Msc in Metallurgic or Mechanical design.
• Experience on engineering programming (JMP, Phyton, R, Predix, MathLab) .
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro