Technical Services Advisers - Boiler
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:41:41 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seongnam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Coal Fired Boiler product is one of growth pillars in Power Services. As a Technical Services Adviser you will be the technical domain expert responsible for driving growth & penetration in this segment by leading the definition of boiler solution roadmap for our customers and deliver a
competitive value proposition.
The Adviser will manage and run coal fired power plant walk-downs in Korea to identify and craft out using the full range of Power Services boiler hardware & digital the required solution(s) required to solve customer pain points and improve plant performances. To achieve this, the role will interface with multifunctional teams to create, prioritise and manage the customer boiler programs.
This is a key role in Power Services which provides significant opportunity to demonstrate creative problem-solving, technical, commercial, communication and process skills in a complex, global and fast-paced environment.
• Accountable for boiler segment growth & penetration through technical solutions leadership
• Plant assessments to identify customer challenges and propose technical solutions
• Establish integrated solution, lead technical offerings discussions, drive alignment with customer and cross-functional team to deliver results
• Work closely with the services leaders to drive penetration at every outage/event
• Troubleshoot customer boiler issues on-site and provide technical assistance to customers
• Support the Technical Field Advisors as required with field work
• Experience with various types of boiler configurations including two-pass, tower, wall fired,
tangentially fired and CFB.
•Knowledge of combustion theory, pulverizer operation, coal ranking/characteristics and boiler
•Driving and challenging mindset towards stakeholders, both commercial and technical
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Clear thinker with an ability to focus on the “critical few” issue/priorities. Able to communicate
messages clearly and concisely.
• Strong customer service mindset
• Outstanding technical & financial analysis skills
• Deep knowledge of the power generation marketplace
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seongnam