Engineer - Customer Application Engineering
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 6/19/2017 7:50:56 AM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Detailed Engineering of our Gas Turbine Controls products for the upgrade market by developing customer solutions as per new regulatory requirements, providing technical support for field service engineering, providing technical input to sales and commercial tools. Working closely with business Lead and Senior Engineers to ensure best technical practices are applied to project execution.
This position requires an individual that takes challenge to expand our capabilities into every aspect of a Gas Turbine Control System. You will leverage prior experience and knowledge to invent new ways for technically supporting our customers by having access to state of the art digital tools and software. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution relating to HDGT controls, Cimplicity HMI and Pi-Historians using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
• The development and improvement of code, processes and tools in Control Solutions to help increase quality and reduce cycle time on Control Solution projects.
• Incorporate operational feedback and lessons learned from internal and external customers into design engineering and ensure continuous improvement.
• Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost effective designs
• Own and resolve PAC/CIR cases in a timely manner.
• Conduct root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues.
• Drive and lead product services issue resolution with Quality and integrity.
• Work closely with other functions in the team to develop opportunities, formulate and present GE solutions to customers
• Lead and drive product cost reduction initiatives
• Support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability and reliability goals.
• Demonstrated strong communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Support streamlining of engineering processes and business growth
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical, instrumentation or similar Engineering field
• 4-5 years’ experience in Gas Turbine Controls, DCS products design/operation/maintenance/Installation.
• Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency site issue resolution.
• Engineering, Commissioning and troubleshooting of different systems of CS like Mark*VIe GE Control system, Cimplicity (SCADA), PI-Historan etc.
• Engineering, Commissioning and troubleshooting of issues in HDGT, LM machine controls.
• Experience of establishing third party communications over OPCDA/AE through firewall, Modbus
• Knowledge of networking and cybersecurity
Locations: India; Pune