Lead Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:42:29 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This engineering position in the retrofit market involves excitation control systems for gas, steam, hydro and nuclear turbine-generators. The position will be focused on providing the defining the technical direction for the requisition engineering team for excitation and associated HMI systems with responsibilities for coordinating with the turbine control and static starter requisition teams. These systems will replace existing GE and non-GE systems in utility and industrial markets.
This position requires an individual that challenge our current way of supporting technical issues at the equipment controls level by expanding our capabilities into every aspect of an Excitation controls. You will leverage prior experience and knowledge to invent new ways for technically supporting our customers by having access to state of the art digital tools and software. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution relating to generator and excitation controls using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
• Lead development and sustaining activities of engineering processes and tools to support execution of projects for generator controls software.
• Leads the development and improvement of code, processes and tools in generator controls to help increase quality and reduce cycle time on controls projects.
• Lead operational feedback and lessons learned from internal and external customers. Incorporate into design engineering and ensure continuous improvement.
• Lead Product problem input (PI) initiatives and drive resolution to ensure the maintenance of a quality product.
• The types of exciters being replaced include DC rotating, potential source, bus fed, and partial/full compound.
• The replacement EX2100e excitation system sizes range from 35A voltage regulators to 8000A full static multi-bridges.
• Apply knowledge of industry practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost effective designs
• Own and resolve PAC/CIR cases in a timely manner.
• Lead and program manage root cause analysis/investigation activities for product technical issues.
• Drive and lead product services issue resolution with Quality and integrity.
• Work closely with other functions in the team to develop opportunities, formulate and present GE solutions to customers
• Focus on eliminating reparative products issues
• Lead and drive product cost reduction initiatives
• Prepare technical information letters to inform internal and external customers of major issue resolutions.
• Develop and sustain customer and internal technical product documentation
• Support unplanned/forced outages to meet availability and reliability goals.
• Demonstrated strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Support streamlining of engineering processes and business growth
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Must be willing to work off hours and weekends to support emergency site issue resolution.
• Proven experience with GE EX2100 Exciters.
• Proven experience with GE LS2100 Static Starters.
• Proven experience with EX2000/Generrex/Alterrex Exciters and MKV/MKVI/MKVIe Turbine Controllers.
• Familiarity with generator protection philosophies.
• Experience with non - GE excitation applications.
• Solid mentoring skills and willingness to train less experienced team members
• Experience in developing and debugging functional block based and / or ladder-logic and programming with HMI interfaces
• Knowledge of IEC, ISA, Shell Design/Eng. Standards, CSA, ATEX, CE, and HSE/Hazop experience
• Background in HMI server configuration, Proficy iFix, Cimplicity, OPC server, or similar architect application
• Demonstrated ability to meet agreed upon goals and measurements
• Strong customer service mind-set.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization.
• Experience in interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Power plant, refinery, or other related experience
• Six-Sigma Greenbelt certification (GE employees only)
• Good oral and written communication skills
Locations: India; Pune