Lead Engineer - Technical Regulations and Standards
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:42:30 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune, Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role, you will provide certification and compliance engineering support to the Control Solutions technology team. In this role, you will focus on global product certifications, which support product compliance engineering initiatives, drive continuous improvement, address compliance issues, and provide transactional compliance support to the global teams, Technical Regulations, and Standards (TRS) Audits & Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPAs).
• Provide direction and support to the Control Solutions Platform Engineering and fulfillment engineering teams with respect to product certification
• Support engineering in part creation process providing the requirement and reviewing the regulatory compliance evidences
• Support maintenance of the eTRS database and compliance validator. Work closely with programmers in engineering tools maintenance team to ensure database and user interface is updated regularly.
• Improve "design for compliance" and product certification processes to prevent safety issues, reduce cycle times, limit non-compliance, and increase team capability
• Work with the global Control Solutions team and the broader MCS TRS team to improve certification processes, increase expertise, and ensure compliance with global regulations and standards
• Maintain the validity of existing regulatory certification, listings, licenses and registrations for Control Solutions’ product.
• Monitor the early warnings on new or changed regulation/standards and determine the applicability for the CS products/projects.
• Work with Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Technology to improve current and implement new processes, tools, and training to achieve compliance
• Actively participate and/or lead TRS audits and corrective actions
• Perform and support Product Compliance Evaluations for NPI team with respect to compliance requirements, ITO / OTR, and Sustaining activities
• Drive the update of the PBCSs (product baseline compliance specifications) for multiple countries as necessary.
• Be responsible in driving and supporting product owners in creation and maintenance of Technical Construction Files
• Cooperate closely with the GE Global Organization Product Regulatory Compliance team
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation or equivalent field of engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Minimum of 5 year of experience in compliance engineering
• Minimum of 1 year of practical experience with and knowledge of QA systems, including ISO-9001 and ATEX / IEC QAM / QAR
• Ability and willingness to travel, as required
• Experience with technical certifications for hazardous areas, CE Marking, or compliance to NEC
• Experience with the Control Solutions product line and applications
• ISO 9000 experience. Experience in implementation of ISO 9001-certified Quality Management System
• Demonstrated ability to meet agreed upon goals and measurements
• Receptive to Coaching : Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement and is receptive and responsive to change
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization.
• Experience in interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Power plant, refinery, or other related experience
• Six-Sigma Greenbelt certification (GE employees only)
• Good oral and written communication skills
Locations: India; Pune, Hyderabad