GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works Role Summary:
Local expert on STAT accounting and TAX areas
Responsible for booking and validation of STAT accounting records and TAX returns preparation according to the principles of the Romanian Accounting Regulations and Tax and Fiscal Laws. Able to perform reconciliation between USGAAP and STAT trail balances
In permanent contact with Record & Report and Buy to Pay accountants, auditors, state authorities (tax, customs, national bank, statistics office) and GE businesses Essential Responsibilities:
STAT Accounting records: .
- Responsible for a proper STAT TB review; bookkeeping and reconciliations: working in STAT GL, AP, AR, Fixed Asset, Inventory Sub- Ledgers; following the reconciliation and review – book the GAAP to STAT differences in the STAT ledger.
- Prepare the Statutory Financial statements under the guidance of the Finance Manager, Statutory
- Work closely with Record & Report and Buy to Pay accountants in understanding the transactions
- Work on GAAP to STAT reconciliation and related documentation
- Provide monthly reports and ad hoc reports to relevant stakeholders as requested
- Ensures the overall company awareness of modification in STAT legislation
- Support periodic audits with STAT auditors
- Support to Finance Manager, Statutory and resolve daily operational issues
- Proper archiving of the documents to ensure full safeguards around company records.
a. Taxation and fillings:.
- Full tax compliance and optimization of accounting activities for compliance of supporting documentation with the Fiscal legislation
- Prepare tax and related returns, proper and timely calculation, submission and settlement of liabilities to the state budget per tax regulations (VAT, Corporate Income Tax, WHT)
- Proper and timely set up and maintenance of all the registries and tax fillings required by the Romanian Fiscal Laws (VAT returns, VIES returns, D394, Intrastat etc.)
- Work on STAT to TAX reconciliation and related documentation
- Ensures the overall company awareness of modification in tax legislation
- Ensures that relevant company policies having impact on taxes comply with relevant legislation
- Maintains professional relations with local authorities, support for periodic audits from tax authorities.
- Support local team with different tasks related to system projects (e.g. status gathering for different issues of the projects, checking STAT ledger functionalities etc.)
- Test different functionalities provided by the IT implementation teams
- Advise on different aspects from the Romanian legislation point of view (e.g. accounting to be used, mandatory STAT and TAX reports)
Key Performance Indicators.
- Minimal audit breaches on STAT and TAX compliance
- Accurate, timely & compliant STAT & TAX financial records & reporting
- USGAAP to STAT Account reconciliations – focus on timely & qualitative work, escalation of issues
- Stakeholders feedback.
- Degree in accounting
- Strong experience accounting /audit field
- Good knowledge of Romanian accounting and tax laws
- Fluent in Romanian and English
- Good command of MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive approach
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, global team environment
- Analytical thinking
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work with accounting software Oracle, SAP is a plus
- Membership or student with relevant professional bodies CEECAR, CAFR, Fiscal Consultant, ACCA is a plus