GE Global Operations is GE's multi-functional shared services organizations focused on delivering better outcomes at lower cost for our businesses and our customers. The strong partnership between Global Operations and GE Businesses creates a collaborative work culture and broadens best practice and industry knowledge sharing across the enabling functions. We believe that by keeping GE customers at the heart of everything we do, we will help GE work smarter, better and faster, allowing GE businesses to be more competitive in the global marketplace.
We are teams of functional process and domain experts, focused on the solutions that deliver results for the company. We think Big, we act as One, We deliver with Speed … so GE Works Role Summary:
The Global Ops (GO) CIT & VAT Teams are responsible for preparing, reviewing & submitting income tax, VAT, EC Sales and Purchase listing & associated filings for all GE businesses across Europe as well as supporting the related income tax accounting processes.
CIT&VAT Subject Matter Expert (SME) team service scope includes CIT & VAT process/system improvements. Testing of GE internal CIT & VAT reporting tools and ERP systems. Essential Responsibilities:
- During the internship we’ll aim to involve the candidate into the CIT&VAT process improvement activities and provide a broad picture of the team’s responsibilities.
- Support SME team members to improve CIT&VAT activities, drive standardization & simplification resulting in efficient processes.
- Participating in the testing of CIT & VAT aspects of ERP implementations, upgrades and changes.
- Support SME colleagues in the testing of GE internal CIT & VAT reporting tools.
- Work together with the team to create metrics & KPIs for Global Operations Tax & VAT.
- Support CIT & VAT SME team members – Europe on other initiatives and projects as needed.
- Ongoing studies in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar BA/MA.
- Advanced excel user - especially the use of pivot tables & look up functionality.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
(PnL, Balance Sheet, Subledger VS GL, Accruals, Debits/Credits, Monthly closure).
- Good analytical skills.
- English knowledge.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- Open personality with a proactive approach to adopt changes.
- Availability to work 25-40 hours/week.
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.