Gas Turbine Services Requisition Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:43:58 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Peru; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Gas Turbine Requisition Engineer will provide technical coordination for conversions, modifications, and up-rates on Gas Turbines in the GE installed base. You will process requisitions through Engineering, Drafting & Sourcing. The Gas Turbine Requisition Engineer will own scheduling, parts ordering, definition, Bill Of Materials/Drawings approval, and resolution of any technical issues regarding installation of the assigned upgrade projects.
The Gas Turbine Requisition Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs and processes for the team he/she will be working with, along with top management.
In this role you will utilize your Gas Turbine knowledge, experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for our customer and the business priorities, and have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
In addition you will:
• Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
• Provide technical coordination for conversions, modifications, and uprates on in-service Gas Turbines, including unit relocations
• Provide wing to wing support for proposals and projects from inquiry to remittance (ITR)
• Process requisitions through Engineering, Drafting, Sourcing & Installation.
• Develop and monitor engineering project schedules.
• Coordinate schedule outage with customer requirements through Project Managers & Outage Managers.
• Communicate project scope to Engineering / Manufacturing / Sourcing / Field Service / Service Shop Personnel
• Provide technical support for major Gas Turbine rebuild/repair/modification projects
• Make technical presentations to customers and other GE components
• Provide technical assistance to field service personnel during Project Installation
• Support Team goals and objectives through Simplification and Material Cost productivity projects.
• Promote, participate in and lead process improvement projects
• Ensure timely completion of all project objectives
• Document lessons learned on each of the assigned projects in order to share them later with the Gas Turbine Requisition team so that as a result simplification projects be implemented, processes and procedures be updated/created and Cost-of-Quality be identified and reduced for future projects.
• Provide timely communications on significant projects issues or developments
• Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical project reviews
• Assure project documentation for the assigned projects and/or tasks is consistent customer's requirements
• To become a strategic partner with Project Management Office, Application Engineering, Design Engineering, Product Service, Performance Engineering, Sourcing, Parts, Installation & Field Services just to mention some.
• Define critical technical project issues and ensure their timely resolution
• Identify technical risks and develop risk mitigation plans
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 8 years of experience working with customers, engineering, field experience and suppliers.
• Minimum of 5 years of proven Project Management experience handling cost, scope, time, risks, customer satisfaction, quality and resource, along with documenting and sharing lessons learned and best practices to the support teams.
• English skills: Excellent written, oral and listening comprehension both in Spanish & English.
• Communication in English must have a High / Intermediate level (Must be able to maintain a normal day-to-day conversation on any topic)
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed
• Computer skills / familiarity with PLM / GIB / COPICS / SBOM and ML / BOM structure
• Technical knowledge of GE/Alstom Gas Turbine fleet
• Green Belt / Black Belt certified or equivalent Quality certification (GE Employees Only)
• Outstanding communication skills and strong Project coordination / leadership skills to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Voice-for-the-customer mind set
• Proven ability to think strategically, be creative and move quickly
• Ability to guide and influence others
• Can-do attitude willing to resolve problem
• Treat the business as it's own
• Field experience and/or knowledge on GE/Alstom Heavy Duty Gas Turbines (B/E/F-Classes)
• Solid Knowledge & understanding of Gas Turbine product lines and systems
• Knowledgeable of Power Systems, Power Plants, Controls, Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine and Generator equipment and terminology.
• Applicants must ensure to have a valid work permit / labor Visa to work in MEXICO or the locations listed, since GE will not pursuit making the legal paperwork for these documentation.
Locations: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Panama, Peru; Queretaro