At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work.
Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise
reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that
solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment
where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and
looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll
work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology
and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines,
we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about
aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe
for generations to come. Role Summary:
The Lead Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Essential Responsibilities:
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements,
- Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project,
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures,
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments,
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues,
- Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews,
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science (or equivalent knowledge/experience),
- Proven experience in an engineering position.
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams,
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact,
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously,
- Effective problem identification and solution skills,
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Czech Republic; Praha