Senior Technical Project Manager
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:44:12 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
You will work closely with project teams, BU, Vendors. You will work to identify and deliver project required to improve the efficiency of APM services and the alignment with its strategy within GE Digital Professional Service. You will have to:
• Consolidate all projects definition into the GED Project Portfolio
• Analyze and build/review each project definition to ensure they are appropriately designed to converge with GED needs and strategic goals:
• Produce analysis around each project in order to validate it and to improve it internally with GED Leader
• Work with project teamto ensure improvements identified are taken into account
• Build project plan and project team
• Manage project team
• Manage project end-to-end (financials, operations, …) and ensure they are achieved
• Drive key activities of the project he / she is assigned to
• Report to projects’ Steering Committees on progress
• Consolidate progress of the project impacting teams within APM Project Portfolio:
• Monitor risks and issues around the project
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technical discipline
• At least 8+ years IT project management experience, hospital experience preferred.
• Exceptional project management skills/organizational skills, including demonstrated ability to effectively manage mixed resources and multiple IT projects of various diverse scopes
• Track record of successfully planning and executing complex IT projects
• Strong proven experience in managing complex IT projects in a global, matrixed organization
• Strong experience in IT service delivery, hospital IT project experience preferred.
• Excellent analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Customer service oriented
• Fluent in English
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
• Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
• Plans and facilitates collaborative discussions with client and others within GE to identity and prioritize client's overall business needs; able to guide discussions to identify customer buying habits and trends; collects and analyzes data related to customer's business needs and requirements
• Helps team members understand their contributions in support of the broader direction. Continuously measures the completion rate of personal and team deliverables and compares them to the scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
• Adjusts information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience. Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Ensures balanced perspective on customer/function needs vs business goals. Provides transparency into problem solving approach and options. Demonstrates ability to determine fair and reasonable outcomes with shared tradeoffs.
• Initiative to cross boundaries and find solutions outside of immediate group.
• Demonstrated ability to define requirements and collaborate on solutions, leveraging personal technical knowledge and network of experts. Communication style encourages effective interaction with customer and cross-functional teams. Leverages knowledge of product capability to mitigate risk and drive desired outcome.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai