Senior Accounting Manager – GEHC Global Accounting Ops
- GE Global Operations
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:44:35 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Operations Asia
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Accounting leader specializing in leading the inter-company team for Asia Healthcare entities.
• Lead the due to due from (“DTDF”) team to conduct monthly/quarterly closing, review and approve Intercompany MJEs for Asia’s Healthcare entities.
• Manage the intercompany account reconciliation process ensuring timely submissions, open item closure and minimal unreconciled accounts.
• Review the monthly input and output VAT reconciliation for China`s Healthcare entities, monthly meeting with other finance team or biz team.
• Support internal and external audit, including CAS audit, annual audit, tax audit, SAFE special audit, custom audit and other external audit cycles.
• Coordinate and communication with local OTR, Controllership, tax team with DTDF team.
• DT open invoices review, including trade and non-trade, monitoring aging and coordinate to settle timely.
• Team management, including influence manage Genpact team and manage local contractors.
• Monthly cash hedging update and monitoring, review and monitor local SAFE risks.
• Drive simplification projects.
• Other ad hoc tasks.
• Working hours starting from 2pm -10pm China time
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Accounting related area
• Expertise in US GAAP (added advantage) and local Accounting standards.
• Fluent in both English and Mandarin
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
• generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement - able to grasp new ideas quickly.
• Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions,
• communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
• Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
• Adaptable/flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
• Motivated, self-starter.
• CPA, Chartered Accountant or equivalent;
• Previous “Big 4” Firm Experience;
• IT Skills, including IBS, Oracle, Hyperion, GBS, and SupportCentral
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai