We are a leading provider of automation and control products and services for equipment and plant control in
Power Generation, Process, and Manufacturing industries. Our differentiated Industrial Internet solutions
enable customers to optimize equipment performance and ensure reliable and efficient operations by
connecting their equipment, data, and people to Insights and Actions generated through Analytics. Our Edge
solutions include Outcome Optimizing Controls, Field Agents, Operator Interface products, and an Industrial
Communications portfolio for hard to connect distributed assets. Our dedicated team includes some of the
best minds in automation capable of solving our customers’ toughest challenges. GE Automation & Controls
is a business unit within GE Energy Connections. Role Summary:
The Business Development Sales Engineer owns the customer relationship for their assigned portion of the existing accounts in the region, to ensure attainment of growth targets.
Responsible for meeting/exceeding assigned targets for his dedicated territories or accounts. Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute on growth plans while meeting short term business objectives in a pro-active selling mode.
- Lead the development of sales opportunities and coordinate with the business lines sales support group.
- Responsible for earning customer trust through solid execution – establish win/win partnerships and deepen relationships.
- Responsible for the overall leadership and day-to-day management of the opportunities within his dedicated territories or accounts.
- Develop new business and / or retain and penetrate existing business in order to drive growth.
- Develop and drive the strategic growth vision and objectives, including participating in essential operating rhythm processes with product management, engineering, and services.
- Implement the execution framework on identified opportunities, which includes the orders forecasting, to deal closure.
- Manage assigned initiatives to maximize long-term to maximize profitability.
- Create processes to seek new and / or additional income / business development opportunities.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain customer relations at appropriate decision-maker levels.
- Monitor, analyze, and understand market activities to continuously update the business on all region dynamics including in-depth competitive assessments.
- Drive Commercial process improvements and leverage tools for growth (SFDC, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Engineering and Commercial experience in the automation business
- Knowledge in the global automation industries, automation solutions and/or HMI/SCADA/OM software preferred
- Strong influence skills and adapt to working in a matrix organization
- Customer centric, growth driven, service and quality oriented
- Say-Do accountability and tenacity to follow through tough missions and complex business issues
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Proven track record of account management and sales success
- Understand the various financial instruments used by customers to conduct business
- Strong negotiation and sales leadership skills.
- Prior experience selling contracts / products with technical content of substantial value is preferred.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations including continuing to persevere and remaining calm in challenging or frustrating circumstances
- Ability to work with a matrix organization in which you will take direction and lead others within various functions.
- Able to develop and maintain customer relationships at all levels, including the CEO staff level
- Customer-centric mindset, able to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions.
- Eu work permit
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- EU work permit
- Driver license
Locations: Italy; Agrate Brianza