On shore wind Site Manager
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:44:53 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Location(s): China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai;beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Site Manager you will lead the site teams and be directly responsible for field operations excellence on assigned wind projects in Great China region including EHS, customer satisfaction (NPS), schedule, quality, cost, etc.
• Be responsible for developing and implementing field execution plan. Raise requests for the resource needed for the assigned contract scope, such as TAs, service car, tools, parts and consumables etc.
• Coordinate with the EHS department. Enforce EHS requirements on site. Conduct field work in compliance with the organization’s LOTO, EHS and associated policies/procedures and encourage good employee safety practices.
• Ensure process discipline on site and assign site teams based on project requirements to ensure contract requirements are met, focusing on schedule, quality and profitability, elimination of contractual liquid damages.
• Develop strategy to improve maintenance, diagnostic and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of site management.
• Served as Customer focal point on project sites. Work with the customer, attend customer/constructor meetings. Present a positive professional face of GE in the community and with the customer. Obtain project acceptance certificate ( PAC & FAC).
• Provide technical/functional leadership and expertise to site team. Interpret the requirements of GE manuals, specifications, bulletins, work instructions, etc.
• Manage workload, organize daily work plans for site staff/subcontractors and associated on-call rosters. Work with customer to prepare work programs for the timely O&M service.
• Oversee site work and provide leadership to the team in receiving, installation advisor, commissioning, scheduled & unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair starting from site mobilization till the final customer acceptance (FAC) and site demobilization.
• Regularly inspect in-person the progress and quality of site work. Make a conformance or non-conformance decision upon completion of inspections.
• Report errors, violations, incidents or problems timely using GE reporting systems. Identify performance issues and provide the leadership to resolve issues.
• Maintain reports using GE’s various software management tools and databases.
• Answer questions from management, Engineering, Sourcing, Parts etc. as required.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university. Background in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• Wind plant field service technology and processes experience. Minimum of 2 years of experience in a field managerial role.
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization.
• Solid technical background, project management, and services experience; especially with multiple NPI programs to be validated.
• Fluent in both English and Chinese.
• High energy level - self-starter. Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks.
• Ability and willingness to climb towers up to 100 meter.
• Have a valid China C1 above driver’s license and willing to drive service car in complex terrain.
• Microsoft suite proficiency. Knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and WEB technology.
• Willingness and ability to travel within great China region 90% of the time.
• GE Leadership Development program (PMDP, PMLP, OMLP, JOLP, RELP or equivalent)
Locations: China; ShangHai, BeiJing; Shanghai;beijing