Controls/Software Engineer - Controls Engineering
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:28:48 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Controls/Software Engineer is responsible for the Simulation & Controls development within Steam Power Systems Rotating Equipment (SPSRE) engineering. You will develop and test advanced systems/controls solutions for Steam Turbines, Generators and Systems.
As the Controls/Software Engineer, you will closely collaborate with our internal and external customers, and work as part of a global technology team during development, and from inquiry through commercial plant operation.
Within our engineering teams we maintain a culture of technical domain depth, contemporary leadership, on-time quality execution and a strong customer-focused mindset driving controls solutions.
The successful individual in this position will understand the entire control system, advanced control methods and technology, as well as software development approaches and engineering practices.
• Support the global engineering team in new product development, as well as requisition engineering activities
• Establish control and process models using state of the art modelling and simulation tools
• Make use of the programming languages such as C/C++, C#, Python, UML, MODELICA and JAVA to develop, maintain and improve methods, tools and libraries for model based control design
• Drive innovation on the development and on the implementation of advanced control solutions within control system platform and tools for the steam turbine and its corresponding auxiliary systems to maximize customer benefit
• Define and develop new analytics to improve the assessment of the system behavior and identify possible means for optimization
• Apply numerical optimization methods to ensure desired process and control behavior
• Leverage our IoT (Internet of Things) activities on the development of apps in collaboration with GE Digital using Predix, GE’s software platform for Industrial Internet applications
• Ensure technical collaboration across multidisciplinary engineering teams to define process control solutions by means of dynamic simulations
• Define and create test specifications to support SWAT (Software Acceptance Test)
• Support ITO for questions on control solutions (HW/SW) customer negotiations
• Support commissioning remotely and travel to customer sites, if required
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in a relevant engineering field
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience of engineering in the domain of software engineering, modelling & simulation and control design
• Demonstrated technical skills required for the development of advanced model based control solutions, preferably within power generation or process industry
• Prepared to travel occasionally
• Good oral and written communication skills and scientific rigor, you wish to grow in a demanding technical environment
• Ability to work in a matrix environment while coordinating across multiple sites
• Fundamentals of turbine, generator, auxiliaries, and digital power plant operation and how these systems interact with the control system
• Ability to adapt real-time to rapidly changing environment
• Problem analysis and resolution skills
Locations: India; Hyderabad