Field Engineer - Systems and Instrumentation
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:45:14 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): Malaysia; Subang/Sabah
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Systems and Instrumentation Field Services Engineer with GE Digital Solutions business, you will travel to local and international client sites and assist them with installations or ongoing service provision. You will be involved with commissioning new systems and be responsible for maintaining products and systems such as transducers and software systems for Machinery Monitoring, Protection, and Plant Management.
The System & Instrumentation engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
· Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
· Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
· Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
· Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
· Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
· Plan, prepare and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
· Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
· Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
· Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
· Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
· Knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage
· Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
- Engage in Digital projects such as Smart signals, tag mapping and implementation process.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 3 to 4 years of experience in a Field Services role)
· Willingness and ability to travel 75% of the time
· Must have a valid drivers license.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
· Strong business acumen and ability to sell GE products to the customer
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
· Strong customer service mindset
· Prior field engineering experience is preferred
· Strong organizational skills
· Prior project management experience is preferred
· FEP program graduate is preferred (internal GE employees only)
· Strong project management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: Malaysia; Subang/Sabah