About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Role Summary: As a Software/Firmware Engineer for the Lunar DXA group in GE Healthcare, you will be become a team member of the new product development team working on products used by physicians to assess skeletal health and body composition.
Essential Responsibilities: As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the design, architecture, and development of innovative technological solutions for a market leading product line in the field of dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry. You will also acquire clinical knowledge in this evolving field and make a difference to the lives of patient worldwide.
In this role you will:
1. Work closely with hardware, software and systems teams to build software and firmware for next generation of DXA scanners.
2. Design robust system architectures that align with multi-generational software framework and allows future product expansion
3. Design and building strong system designs and software implementations following agile development processes
4. Leverage Software Development Lifecyle processes, Technical Design Reviews, Code Reviews, and rigorous software verification methodologies to drive reliability into the product development lifecycle
5. Interact with global teams across GE Healthcare to maximize synergies across common software and hardware platforms
6. Drive innovative solutions focused on customer excellence
7. Generate test procedures and running verification test scripts
Qualifications/Requirements: Basic Qualifications: • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) • Minimum 2 years experience in product development including software/firmware design and development
Experience with embedded processors, uClinux, TCP/IP, FTP, and PCB design
Experience in object oriented design methodology
Experience in software platforms, user-interface design and/or systems engineering
Experience in Microsoft Windows programming using C++, MFC, COM, XML, and OLE DB
Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio
Experience with Microsoft Windows technologies and Windows architecture
Strong debugging, documentation and troubleshooting skills
Strong abilities to work in a team environment
Solid written and verbal communication skills
Ability to be self-driven, a quick learner and detail oriented
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.