Senior Lead Loads Engineer
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:47:13 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Perform aero elastic load simulations for different Services programs.
• Collaborate with wind farm engineering team to explore opportunities on increasing application space.
• Implement controls technology to mitigate loads & improve turbine power performance.
• Understand turbine physics & operability to generate innovative ideas for system optimization.
• Understand design requirements and perform aero elastic loads simulations for different wind turbine configurations.
• Deliver high quality system level loads, component loads & certification documents to cross functional teams.
• Lead loads certification efforts by delivering on the requirements and address any queries from certification agencies.
• Hand-off turbine simulation models to simulate site specific mechanical loads for customer fulfillment.
• Collaborate with Program Managers, System Integration Leaders (SILs), & Certification team to deliver on program requirements and business critical timelines.
• Lead design reviews at different stages (Toll-gates) of programs and own action items to take it to closure.
• Interact with Operability & Validation teams to test & verify loads, performance & controller behavior.
• Proactively take initiatives and lead efforts on process enhancements & simplifications.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical, Civil & Aerospace Engineering
• In depth knowledge on aero, fatigue & system dynamics
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills for simulation results interpretation; Creative problem solving skills
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to work in global organization
• Strong leadership skills to drive programs with respect to loads simulations
• Knowledge in the field of Wind Turbine Technology
• Hands-on experience with wind turbine aero elastic simulation tools (Flex5, Bladed etc.)
• Experience in Wind turbine services programs with respect to aero elastic simulation and application space analysis
• Understanding of the IEC, GL guidelines and compliance requirements
• Programming skills to develop tools for process automations (Matlab, Excel VBA, etc.)
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment with a global team across cultural boundaries
Locations: India; Bangalore