Clad Machine Process Technician
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:47:15 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Dammam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Clad MPT will be responsible to assist with setups, programing & training of Clad operators. Other responsibilities, include overseeing, monitoring & coordinating production activities. Ensures team's goals are aligned with Clad Supervisor’s goals & representative the overall company's directives. Acts as liaison between team members & the rest of the organization. Relies on experience, judgment to plan & accomplish goals.
• Responsible for daily activities and production in the clad and Fabrication shops.
• Setup and optimize machines and programs to run first article.
• Conduct daily CCC meeting, and update metrics.
• Help drive the safety culture.
• Attend production, and scheduling meetings.
• Train new or inexperienced operators.
• Work with planning, Engineering, and routing departments to assure accurate routers, setup sheets, and weld procedures are utilized,
• Plan and coordinate work flow through the clad and fab shops.
• Read, comprehend and apply machine programs, and macros.
• Assist with setups and other areas critical to the operation of the shop.
• Assist with standardizing fixtures.
• Keep machine tool boxes 5S ready.
• Assist Quality Department with RCA’s for any quality issues.
• Prepare readiness checklist for new parts.
• Help monitor GRH’s for your area.
• Be a change agent to help drive new technology.
• Run Oracle reports to help monitor cycle times for accuracy.
• Track daily Oracle time sheets.
• Program and operate PWHT equipment.
• Responsible for weekly orders of supplies.
• Track and issue weld wire to each job router.
• Be able to do repair work when needed.
• Operate a forklift when required.
• Performs a variety of complicated tasks independently without the need for constant supervision.
• Proactively utilizes vast knowledge of standard concepts, practices & procedures within the Clad Shop & other related fields.
• Minimum 1 year experience with GE Oil & Gas in Dammam Pressure Control Plant
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Clad operator
• Demonstrated experience and ability in setting up, and running a cladding Machine
• Demonstrated experience and ability in creating programs/macros.
• Demonstrated experience and ability using machinist measuring tools
• A strong history of excellent attendance, reliability and personal conduct
• Demonstrated knowledge of weld procedures
• Demonstrated machine setup skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of optimizing & altering programs.
• Adept conflict resolution and creative problem solving skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment, as needed
• Able to program PWHT equipment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of codes related to the product.
• Be able to read and comprehend blueprints
• Strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated ability to repair cladded parts.
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Dammam