Quality Assurance Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:43:24 PM
- Job Function: Quality
- Business Segment: Healthcare Quality
Location(s): China; JiangSu; Wuxi
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for providing manufacturing process support in accordance with documented procedures and practices. The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, improvement and continuous reinforcement of established Quality Assurance fundamental practices that are utilized in the local business.
• Responsible for ensuring 100 % quality and regulatory compliance in accordance with documented procedures for all aspects of functional responsibility.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of process effectiveness and efficiency at the site.
• Develops process improvement plans using a variety of Quality and Continuous Process Improvement tools, including but not limited to Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 5S, SPC, engineering studies, DOE, Gauge R&R, etc.
• Ensures process efficiency and compliance effectiveness through the development and implementation of process verification and validation plans, including Master Validation Plans (Site Level), Validation Master Plans (Product or Process specific plans), and the development of simple yet detailed process flow diagrams that describe critical process interdependencies with respect to process inputs, outputs, risks and impacts.
• Supports continuous product and process improvement through detailed failure analysis for non-conformances, and investigates, develops and implements effective and compliant solutions for product or process corrections, retrospective and remediation action plans, and for corrective and preventive actions (CAPA Program).
• Develops risk management tools and aids for use by the organization in accordance with documented procedures, including but not limited to PFMEA, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode Analysis, etc.
• Ensures process compliance through the development of simple yet comprehensive procedures, work instructions, flowcharts, forms, templates, checklists, worksheets, and other product and process related documentation.
• Performs a broad variety of tasks in support of product and process design as assigned by the departmental manager.
1. Bachelor’s degree (or high school diploma/GED plus 4 years working experience in Quality Engineering or Quality Assurance Management.
2. Demonstrated understanding or aptitude to understand Medical Device QMS requirements and regulatory requirements including but not limited to FDA CFR 21 820 and ISO 13485/9001.
3. Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, process verification and validation methodologies, manufacturing / production process control methodologies, and servicing in a medical device environment.
4. Significant Multi-Modality Sites: Minimum 4 years Quality Assurance/Quality Engineering experience in the medical device, pharmaceutical industry or TS16949 related industry.
5. Demonstrated experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
6. Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality / process improvement tools:
(As defined by the local site, e.g. DMAIC)
7. Ability to communicate using English
1. Demonstrated knowledge of Quality Management System tools, continuous improvement methodologies & in-depth understanding of site level products & related processes
2. Demonstrated expertise to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization around concepts of design controls, design verification and validation activities; production &process controls; Corrective & Preventive Action (CAPA), complaints & risk management; & product quality improvement using tools such as six sigma etc.
3. Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
4. Excellent oral communication & report, business correspondence & procedure-writing skills
5. Demonstrated ability to lead, acknowledge, develop, communicate & implement a strategy under crisis situations to ensure compliance
6. Change agent with energy, passion & enthusiasm to drive change
7. Exceptional analytical, problem solving & root-cause analysis skills
8. Ability to multi-task & handle tasks with competing priorities effectively
9. Integrity: Accepting & adhering to high ethical, moral & personal values in decisions, communications, actions & when dealing with others
10. Energizing others by building a connection with the team through personal involvement & trust & providing feedback & coaching to help develop others
11. Simplifying strategy into specific actions with clear accountability, making decisions with speed & accuracy based on best available information & communicating priorities clearly & concisely
Locations: China; JiangSu; Wuxi