Looking for candidates - Controls Services Engineering
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:45:29 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Lead Controls Engineer will provide technical issue resolution through a troubleshooting analysis and based on a proven expertise in different control system (Mark x platforms, Micronet, etc) to the Power Generation installed fleet. Additionally, this engineer will provide input to other key areas of the organization such as the Sales and Commercial members for GE HDGT Services offerings.
• Provide immediate technical resolution for controls related issue for the installed fleet for both Aeroderivative packages and Heavy Duty equipment.
• Support site installations and commissioning with occasional travel to customer sites.
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
• Conduct assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems.
• Interface with external organizations and supporting functions, and direct/coordinate the efforts of project team members to accomplish overall goals.
• Clearly communicate the Controls platform requirements to all aspects of the business with continued refinement throughout the technical proposal effort.
• Provide technical guidance on Controls specifics throughout the ITO phase.
• Work hand-in-hand with Product Line, Commercial and Sales to actively manage deal competitiveness.
• Develop technical growth in the controls discipline in the Power Services Organization
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science or Technology, Electrical, Software or Systems Engineering
• 8+ years of experience with solid skill and knowledge of application, requisition, or field engineering related or similar.
• Solid skill and knowledge of control functional logic, and sequence diagrams, electrical one line diagrams, and mechanical process Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), control experience.
• Excellent written, oral and listening comprehension abilities both in Spanish and in English
• Proficient in technical presentations to upper management and customers.
• Gas Turbine controls knowledge/experience
• GE Controls Mark x Platform & tools experience
• Woodward Controls platforms.
• Cimplicity based HMI experience
• Industrial control experience with ladder logic applications
• Knowledge of network protocols
• Passion for continuous learning and applying best practices to achieve practical solutions
• Experience providing field support as troubleshooting and software upgrades.
• Understanding of Heavy duty/Aero Packages functionality.
• Availability to travel 80% Office 20% Field support
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro