Engineering Technical Leader - Mechanical Component
- GE Transportation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:47:52 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: GET Transportation
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Engineer Project Leader operates as a design leader responsible for their assigned deliverables meeting customer, partner and program needs. In this role, you will work with engineering, supply chain and other business functional teams to deliver designs and utilize expertise to mentor and train team members while participating in business wide continuous improvement and disruptive initiatives.
The Engineer Project Leader will be building engineering expertise adopting Design for Additive Manufacturing within Transportation in addition to enabling the Model-Based consumption facilitating downstream use of 3D PMI models. This position requires close coordination with Transportation Global Technology groups, Advanced Manufacturing, Supply Chain and engineering teams from other GE business implementing and using Additive Manufacturing.
In addition, you will:
• Identify and drive projects to demonstrate benefits using AM;
• Evaluate and build expertise on Design and CAD tools for AM.
• Develop and demonstrate mechanical characteristics of materials used on AM processes.
• Coordinate with Principle Engineering team development and maintenance of engineering design guides and material databases for AM.
• Works with engineering and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing additive manufacturing producibility.
• Ensure all interfaces and requirements between components are established and agreed upon by Engineering design teams of mating parts and engine systems.
• Drive global technology teams development through communication, partnering and mentoring to drive local decision making.
• Concurrently manage multiple projects to ensure program cost, quality and schedule requirements are met
• Utilize Lean Six Sigma principles to drive improvements to current business products and processes
• Provide technical leadership for team members in the form of training, mentoring, talent development, and work verification.
• Act as main liaison between Engineering and downstream consumer groups and enable increased usage of Design for AM by facilitating improvements and sharing best practices.
• Continuously challenges self and team skills in functional area
• Stays current with industry developments in one’s field of expertise
• Manages the operational excellence of their assigned program and team members.
• Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements as required
• Mechanical or Physics Engineering Bachelor’s / Master degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in tools, processes and equipment for additive manufacturing systems
• A minimum of 2 year of experience in scheduling, planning or project management
• A minimum of 5 years of experience is desired in Engineering/Manufacturing oriented role
• Experience validating and testing materials in laboratory
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, proven leadership skills and a positive energy
• Good knowledge of computer aided design (CAD), preferably in Siemens NX
• Proven understanding of computer aided manufacturing (CAM) and manufacturing processes
• Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerance as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5)
• Effective problem identification and solution skills
• Demonstrated change agent with strong credibility and ability influence across the organization
Locations: India; Bangalore