Lead Engineer - Mechanical Component
- GE Renewable Energy
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:47:55 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Successful candidate will be a part of Towers team in the Renewables Engineering CoE. The role offers design, analysis, supplier qualification, testing and hardware ownership opportunity focusing on Towers for 1.x /2.x/MMW Wind Turbines
- Lead the projects pertaining to new products, technology, processes and field issues. Perform design/analysis of Towers including sub-systems/internals and develop detailed documentation.
- Collaborate with global teams on Towers related projects.
- Focus on building / leveraging required domain expertise for solving all Towers related problems
- Ensure compliance to all GE wind turbine process requirements & also with internal BEC Quality systems
- Coaching and mentoring
- Masters with 6+ yrs. years of experience in Product design and development.
- Proficiency in Unigraphics Nx2 and exposure to Ansys
- Define scope, plan and execute multiple projects with On-time Delivery and maintain Quality .
- Strong engineering fundamentals, attention to detail, good understanding of drawings, GD&T, design calculations, component & system design and validation techniques.
- Good understanding on manufacturing processes e.g casting, fabrication etc. and the tools/fixtures associated with them
- Experience in wind industry especially on Towers shell, mechanical & electrical internals
- Sound knowledge on Wind PLM processes & tools, hardware ownership
- GD&T certification would be an added advantage
- Excellent communications skills.
Locations: India; Bangalore