GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE Ventures
works to bring new thinking from inside and outside of GE to solve problems and create growth
opportunities for GE, our partners and customers. GE Ventures includes venture capital investing, new business
incubations, licensing and healthymagination, GE’s commitment to improve the quality, access and affordability of
At GE ASEAN, we are imagination at work. From the Vietnam Engineering Center which focuses on product design, Role Summary:
applications and services for the oil and gas sector to the NUS-GE Singapore Water Technology Centre which
develops new solutions in water treatment, the GE ASEAN teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into
leading products and services that solve some of the world’s toughest challenges. Join an innovative industry
leader for an unprecedented career of significant influence within the region and beyond. Work alongside the best
minds in the business and take advantage of GE’s generous investment in your education, growth and
advancement. If you’re an energetic, focused problem solver, ready to share ideas and face challenges with
flexibility, then join the GE ASEAN team in creating the next generation of products and services that will impact
the world for generations to come
As Associate Marketing Intern
, you will be a part of the GE Ventures Licensing Business and will partner with Business Development and technical teams to build and execute world-class commercialization programs with novel business models, partnerships & licensing. You will provide full service support in the areas of building business/market cases for novel technology, strategy for customer/3rd party engagements, taking into account business constraints. Essential Responsibilities:
Qualifications/Requirements: Basic Requirements:
- Coordinate activities with GE Ventures Program Managers on a variety of programs, including building patents/technology and complex business/licensing programs.
- Prepare Business plans, including IP/technology assessments, valuations, market/customer analysis, deal/agreement structuring and execution where appropriate.
- Act as a key member of GE Ventures Licensing team and closely interact with the technology, business & legal teams.
- Work on various business process projects to make the Licensing business more efficient.
- Current full-time or part-time MBA/Business student at an accredited college or university (Must be an enrolled student for the entire internship period).
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (transcripts should be available upon request).
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and familiarity with web technologies.
- Prior experience in strategic marketing role is an advantage.
- Must have legal work authorization in Singapore.
- Must be willing to work part-time/full-time (20-40 hours per week) in the period July-December 2017.
- Flexible to travel as per required
- To be based out of an office in Singapore
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or related field.
- Prior work experience in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Controls, Systems or Power Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective interpersonal.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to learn fast and achieve a high level of results.
- Ability to work in a team environment for a matrix organization.
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail, and accurate.