At GE Aviation
, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest
problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products
or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and
advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for
generations to come.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
The position is requiring important involvement into investigation for field issues with direct collaboration with product support engineering and overhaul shop and into production processes, through a deep collaboration with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain departments.
- Build technical expertise in aeronautical gearbox components
- Support component design activities to achieve the objectives of performance, manufacturability, cost, life
- Support and lead investigations activities to understand root cause and final fixing of gearbox field issues
- Support the issuing of technical documents (ie models, drawings, reports, specifications) relative to the components design
- Interface with the customer to proactively support field and overhaul issues
- Proactively support activities with other Company departments (ie GSC, Quality, Product Support) and Suppliers to achieve producibility and manufacturability targets
- Support evaluation of Quality Notifications (QN) for gearbox components, ie how to manage defective components
- Support Source Substantiation (Validazioni Tecnologiche) activities for gearbox components
- Master Degree in Mechanical/Aeronautical Engineering from an accredited university
- Previous experience in aeronautical gearbox component design
- Previous experience in manufacturing and production support activity
- Experience of CAD and FEM tools
- English and Italian language knowledge, both written and oral
- PC proficiency
- EU Work Permit
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to directly interact with several internal and external customers
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
Locations: Italy; Rivalta di Torino