China Sourcing Leader - Power Conversion
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:48:39 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Headquarters
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Sourcing Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad
company objectives. In this role you will demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. You will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy
• Responsible and develop PC China Sourcing team recruiting, performance management, compensation, and organizational structure. Manage the whole team and function under GE compliance guild line.
• Work closely with PC commercial team to develop supplier for PC China grow
• Develop, plan, and manage annual sourcing negotiation and DMP projects to meet PC China commitments in Sourcing, achieve variable cost productivity, cash flow, and controllership goals
• Balance strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with HQ CoE, technology, plant, supplier quality and finance.
• Develop technical and market expertise in commodity area
• Create and enforce business policies to meet business targets and customer needs, including improving procurement processes and optimizing Sourcing resources to enhance the customer experience with Sourcing
• Closely monitor supplier performance to plan and work with the suppliers to manage any required recovery plans / actions
• Coordinate with factories to ensure supply meets any and all demand requirements
• Conduct Capacity Audits, track any Red Flags that impede supplier performance and control revisions at Suppliers
• Ensure any quality issues have the appropriate focus
• Develop process to look upstream for pending requirements and drive Engineering / Manufacturing / Sales in order to ensure sourcing given adequate cycle to procure material
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college, engineering prefer
• At least 10 additional years of experience in a Sourcing position, at least 5 years management experiences.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, strong willingness of taking challenges
• Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
• Knowledge of GE Department of Defense procedures
• Strong negotiation expertise.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai