- GE Digital
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:48:55 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Applications
Location(s): India; Hyderabad
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management, beginning to work independently.
You will be responsible for:
1. Independently programming a feature and/or a small feature set.
2. Contribute to the team activities
3. Work with minimal direction from senior team members or management.
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
• Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
• Has the ability to evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
• Applies principles of SDLC and Lean/Agile/XP/TDD/CI/CD methodologies to deliver high quality, secured, and scalable software modules.
• Skilled in writing code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
• Skilled in core data structures and algorithms and implements them using language of choice
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Understand debugging of crash/hang dumps and identify problem location.
• Implementing unit testing using automation test frameworks like nUnit, Google Test Framework etc.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience
• Experience with programming languages, Primarily C, C++, VC++ MFC, Data structures, RDBMS, SQL and Stored Procedures.
• Experience with Microsoft .NET Framework, C#.NET, VB.NET.
• Hands on experience with SDLC and software development methodologies, including Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Product Security, TDD/BDD etc.
• Experience on working with Multi-threaded applications and debugging Windows Applications will be an added advantage.
• Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
• Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
• Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
• Demonstrate the ability to help team members
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
• Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
• Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
Locations: India; Hyderabad