GE Digital is helping to
transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company.
We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their
operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our
Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE
reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for
future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing
individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a
GE will be the world’s Digital
Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and
solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention
further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With
people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for
customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal Role Summary:
opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
What product line you’ll be leading?
As the Senior UI Software Engineer Essential Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for contributing to front end development with focus on SaaS based product development for a component, feature and or feature set for Digital Industrial Platform (Predix – Industrial IOT Platform). You will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
Your Day at GE Digital:
- As the Senior UI Software Engineer - you need to contribute on Front End User Interface layer in SaaS product developed in global team. You are expected to have working experience with various global development teams in IOT SaaS product.
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
- Provide technical leadership to an agile team of 5-7 and work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
- You should understand various parameter like code coverage, security checks, automation etc. and nurture the quality of code that helps feature deployment with ease in SaaS area.
- You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Lean/Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to have experience in understanding user story from Product Manager & Ux Engineer and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product Owner.
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 6 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS.
- Experience with front-end unit testing such as Mocha, Jasmine or equivalent framework.
- Experience with modern tooling (Git, GitHub, Bower, Grunt, npm)
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge or Experience with cross browser development, user interaction design.
- Knowledge or Experience with NodeJS Express Framework.
- Familiarity with Microservices, Cloud Computing and SW design principles related to SOAP/REST Web Services is a plus.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore
alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in breaking down problems,
documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Demonstrates awareness about industry
- Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks.
- Ensures understanding of issues and
presents clear rationale.
- Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
- Uses two-way communication to influence
outcomes and ongoing results.
- Effectively balances different, competing
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective team building and problem
- Persists to completion, especially in the
face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for
results through team spirit.