GE Digital is helping to
transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company.
We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their
operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our
Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE
reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for
future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing
individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a
GE will be the world’s Digital
Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and
solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention
further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With
people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for
customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal Role Summary:
opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
What product line you’ll be leading?
As the Staff Software Engineer you will be responsible for SaaS based product development for a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area for Digital Industrial Platform (Predix – Industrial IOT Platform). You will work independently, contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business, lead design discussion in a limited manner. Essential Responsibilities:
Your Day at GE Digital:
- As the Staff Full Stack Software Engineer - you need to contribute on system requirements, design and development of a SaaS product developed in global team. You are expected to have working experience with various global development teams in IOT SaaS product.
- Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
- Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
- You are required to participate actively in Scrum team following Lean/Agile/TDD/BDD approach. You need to have experience in understanding user story from Product Manager & Ux Engineer, able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle, and develop features that meet all acceptance criteria of Product Owner.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
- Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing, security checks, code quality automation etc that helps feature deployment with ease in SaaS area.
- Seek and provide feedback on design and development
- Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
- Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
- Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
- Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
- Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
- Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
- Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
- Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 10 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, SASS/LESS
- Skilled in one or more languages (C#/.NET, NodeJS, etc.).
- Experience with REST API development and messaging best practices.
- Experience with SQL datastores such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
- Exposure to NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with front-end unit testing such as Mocha, Jasmine or equivalent framework.
- Experience with modern tooling (Git, GitHub, Bower, Grunt, npm)
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Knowledge or Experience with cross browser development, user interaction design.
- Knowledge or Experience with NodeJS Express Framework.
- Familiarity with Microservices, Cloud Computing (Cloud Foundry, AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud, etc.) and SW design principles related to SOAP/REST Web Services
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments.
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems.
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective.
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions.
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility.
- Effective team building and problem solving abilities.
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit