Field Service Manager
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:50:16 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): Republic of Korea; Seongnam, Pyeongchang
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Field Service Manager, you will be responsible for Service activities in South Korea, for Industrial Solutions Services, including Uninterruptable Power Supplies and Power Delivery services on Low Voltage, Medium Voltage Switchgear.
• Support the Industrial Solutions UPS and PD business with field service operations in South Korea, supporting the commercial team in order generation and directly leading the field execution.
• Reference person for key customers, for planning of field activities, verification of site readiness. Maintain proper communication with customer to ensure alignment with projects scope and implementation.
• Perform whenever required commissioning, startup & preventive maintenance at customer site. Ensure the team of field service engineers is timely in preparing work reports reflecting activities performed, advice to customer for future service, hours and parts used on the job.
• Build locally a structure of field operation, comprising of GE Field Service engineers or local contractors based on business growth and size. The local operations must be capable of diagnosing issues and repair GE UPS and GE PD products; full understanding and knowledge of Power Quality installations.
• Organize and be part of local customer support 24x7.
• Support RMA process for single phase and parts return repairs.
• Responsibility for tools and test equipment (maintenance and calibration).
• Responsible for parts safety stock in the country
• Capable to create & review Customer service reports and –when required - attend customer meetings to support commercial deals.
• Ensure proper communications and collaboration with product sales team and factory technical support.
• Responsible to apply EHS rules in his own activity.
• Manage outsourced resources as needed to fulfill peak of demands for his customers.
• Maintain a list of installed base for his own geographical area.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
• At least 3 additional years of experience in a field services or maintenance position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering is preferred.
• Detailed Power Equipment, UPS products knowledge.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Proven analytical and quality improvement ability.
• Ability to make formal presentations to all audiences.
• Able to work with all levels of installation, maintenance, engineering, and management.
• Experience in UPS installation, commissioning and troubleshooting.
• Project management or supervisory experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence GE customer and peers.
• Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Strong customer service mindset.
• Microsoft Office proficiency.
• Local language / English fluent.
• Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training.
Locations: Republic of Korea; Seongnam, Pyeongchang