Looking for candidates, Gas Turbine Expert Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:21:04 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE looks for innovation everywhere. For 130 years, GE has been at the forefront of innovation, but finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the solution! Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Power is exciting & challenging. Come see what you are missing! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Gas Turbine Expert Engineer will be responsible for supporting Service Engineering in a readiness to serve capacity to facilitate mitigation of emergent issues coming from GE and Non GE fleet equipment. In this role, the Engineer will coordinate with various teams to engineer and develop proposals, provide support to site execution team and act as a liaison for engineering questions that enable safe and productive mitigation of emergent issues.
The role requires regular collaboration with regional quality, productivity leaders, Local Shops and customers at power plant sites globally to identify optimum solutions for the emergent issues. You will have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
As the Gas Turbine Expert Engineer, you will:
For ITO Support (Tendering). Service/Repair/Solution Package
• Expedited On site Visit. Travel to customer sites in Latin America in order to quickly assess the technical problem and pull other engineering resources as required.
• First Scope Definition. Identify general scope elements in order to provide it as input for the tendering engineering process.
• Fast on-site solution. Understand Standard Fast on-site solutions predesigned by GE in order to present to customer while on site in local language (Towards reducing plant down time).
• Factual findings. Identify first findings key to develop technical proposal in order to communicate to GE organization appropriately
• Emergency. Provide support as liaison engineer during tendering process between region and global P&L Engineering Structure.
For OTR Support. During project execution
• Engineering Project Management. Provide local engineering support to Local Service Shops in the region according to the scope defined for the specific contract.
• Liaison for Engineering Requests (ER's) to Product Line/Product Services/Plant Support Center. Serve as liaison engineer for technical operational support in the region between site/shop and Global Product Line engineering organization. Local support to expedite Root Cause Analysis.
For General Duties
• Provide customer insights to product line (Engineering/Business). Identify customer/Technology fleet challenges and/or behavior in order to provide feedback to the global Product Lines and help to expedite response.
• Understand customer KPI's and drive engineering support based on that. Help to identify customer KPI’s during any phase of engineering support and provide feedback to the engineering organization in order to make sure the engineering actions are addressing customer needs.
• Understand Regional Dynamics within the technology. Identify technology challenges and provide feedback to the global Product Lines.
• Provide Engineering Support to Customer Support Engineering Leaders. Serve as first engineering link for customer support engineering leaders within the regional team.
• Sole responsibility across organization of cross functional projects or modules.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering or any other related engineering degree from an accredited university or college with minimum of 10 years of professional experience valuable for the position.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in repair engineering, field engineering, product service, power generation product engineering or related functions within the power generation industry
• Proven experience in GE or Non GE Gas Turbine technology
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites and GE Shops to enable work execution
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
• Demonstrated ability in managing projects across functions.
• Capable of coaching others to accomplish assignments.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• MSc Degree Turbomachinery, Thermal Plants, Thermodynamics or any other Masters from accredited university related to Gas Turbine technology
• Wide experience in GE, Siemens, Ansaldo, Brush or Mitsubishi Gas Turbine Technology
• Domain expertise in power services and equipment for Non-GE Gas Turbine, and Gas Turbine accessory systems.
• Knowledge and understanding of GE's and competitors products’ capabilities and limitations in sufficient detail to be able to develop offerings that meet internal and external customer needs
• Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro