Looking for Generator Alstom/oOEM, fleet support Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:45:39 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power Services is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technology, products and services to the energy industry. Providing a comprehensive range of solutions across the energy landscape, from supply and conversion to delivery and utilization, we are uniquely prepared to help fulfill the world’s demand for reliable, cleaner and more efficient energy.
Looking for candidates for Generator Engineering for other Alstom and OEM Technologies
The Generator Fleet Support Engineer work with Commercial Teams, Field Execution Team, Customers and Design CoE in order to provide technical support to our installation personnel, troubleshooting support, identify root cause of issues for our Generators being installed and/or installed fleet, connect to other engineering teams in order to address modifications and upgrades of generators. The Fleet Support Engineer has functional responsibility for assigned engineering work with latitude for independent action as a function of experience. This position involves review and analyze generator data, implications to guarantees, and fleet support studies, field data, and unit configuration information. These studies often involve working in a cross functional team environment.
• Respond to internal and external customer requests for technical issue resolution, using technical product knowledge and analytical skills while adhering to sound engineering principles, standards, practices, procedures.
• Conduct evaluations on Generator's technology (>100 MW).
• Lead Root Cause Analyses (RCA).
• Review customer concerns through different GE systems and ensure technical response is aligned to expectations and clarify when there are differences.
• Coordinate with customers, regional leaders, Sales, other engineering groups and/or field personnel to ensure issue solutions are appropriate to the unit, the customer needs, GE design
standards and established engineering course of action.
• Executes the analysis or evaluation of assigned technical issues using engineering principles and adheres to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Provides timely communications on electrical generator and its accessories issues.
• Travel to customer locations in support to commercial teams or resolution of field issues related to electrical generators (Up to 30% of time)
• Promote and contribute to business programs or initiatives (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.)
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Participates in and/or Leads cross functional teams of engineers to achieve project objectives.
• Conducts and/or leads system level/fleet wide activities especially in the area of generator's issues.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering
• BS degree plus 8 years of experience or Master’s degree plus 6 years of experience or PhD degree plus 4 years of experience.
• Minimum 6 years of professional experience on Generator's relevant for the function.
• BSc on Electrical, Electro-mechanical, Energy, Mechatronics or any other engineering area relevant for the function.
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
• Legal right to work in Mexico.
• Proven experience conducting Root Cause Analyses (RCA) with aid of 8D methodology.
• Be recognized as an expert in the technical field of power generators.
• Proven experience in Alstom, Siemens, and/or Mitsubishi Generators technology
• Strong technical aptitude, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of other languages and cultures relevant to assigned customer/s.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills.
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro