Looking candidates HRSG and BoP oOEM Lead Engineer LatAm
- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:21:05 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The HRSG/BoP oOEM Lead Engineer will be responsible for supporting Boiler, HRSG, Steam condenser and its related BoP Systems in a readiness to serve capacity to facilitate mitigation of emergent issues coming from HRSG, conventional Boiler and Condenser fleet of industrial equipment in Latin America. In this role, the Engineer will coordinate with various teams to engineer and develop proposals, provide support to site execution team and act as a liaison for engineering questions from customers
The role requires regular collaboration with regional quality, productivity leaders, Local Service Shops, global suppliers and customers at power plants in Latin America to identify optimum solutions for the emergent issues. You will have the ability to affect short-term and long-term business goals.
As the HRSG and BoP oOEM Lead Engineer, you will:
For ITO Support (Tendering). Service/Repair/Solution Package
• Expedited On site Visit. Travel to customer sites in Latin America in order to quickly assess the technical problem and pull other engineering resources as required.
• First Scope Definition. Identify general scope elements in order to provide it as input for the tendering engineering process.
• Fast on-site solution. Understand Standard Fast on-site solutions pre-designed by GE in order to present to customer while on site in local language (Towards reducing plant down time).
• Factual findings. Identify first findings key to develop technical proposal in order to communicate to GE organization appropriately
• Emergency. Provide support as liaison engineer during tendering process between region and global P&L Engineering Structure.
For OTR Support. During project execution
• Engineering Project Management. Provide local engineering support to Local Service Shops in the region according to the scope defined for the specific contract.
• Liaison for Engineering Requests (ER's) to Product Line/Product Services/Plant Support Center. Serve as liaison engineer for technical operational support in the region between site/shop and Global Product Line engineering organization. Local support to expedite Root Cause Analysis.
For General Duties
• Provide customer insights to product line (Engineering/Business). Identify customer/Technology fleet challenges and/or behavior in order to provide feedback to the global Product Lines and help to expedite response.
• Understand customer KPI's and drive engineering support based on that. Help to identify customer KPI’s during any phase of engineering support and provide feedback to the engineering organization in order to make sure the engineering actions are addressing customer needs.
• Understand Regional Dynamics within the technology. Identify technology challenges and provide feedback to the global Product Lines.
• Provide Engineering Support to Customer Support Engineering Leaders. Serve as first engineering link for customer support engineering leaders within the regional team.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering.
·• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or college with minimum of 6 years of professional experience valuable for the position.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Application Engineering, repair engineering, field engineering, product service, power generation product engineering or related functions related to servicing Conventional Boilers, HRSG, Condensers and its related BoP systems.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites and GE Shops to enable work execution.
• Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
• MSc Degree in an engineering discipline from accredited university related to Thermal Plants.
• Domain expertise in power services and equipment for Non-GE steam turbine, and Steam cycle equipment
• Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams
• Strong communication skills & confidence with presentations; ability to communicate with colleagues & customers at all levels
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Understands business objectives and drives specific tasks required to meet the objectives
• Knowledge and understanding of GE's and competitors products’ capabilities and limitations in sufficient detail to be able to develop offerings that meet internal and external customer needs .
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro