Engineer - Product Safety
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:50:56 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Cyber Security Engineer you will be responsible for developing and sustaining network cyber security solutions, defining project execution processes and tools for lean project execution. Implementing new product features for product improvement or new regulatory requirements, providing technical input to sales and commercial. Working closely with business Lead and Senior Engineers to ensure best practices are applied to product development, product sustaining and project execution.
This position requires solid knowledge and experience with network cyber security systems/software packages and network communications. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Clearly articulate the technical requirements/specifications based on business CTQs and global regulatory requirements for the industrial security products applied to turbine, generator, and balance of plant control systems and communication networks.
• Develop and sustain product configuration, engineering processes and tools to support Lean OTR engineering execution of projects.
• Apply knowledge of industry cyber practices and international standards to produce high-quality and cost effective designs
• Perform engineering design reviews of customer projects
• Support customer meetings, project engineering/design, factory acceptance testing, and installation and commissioning of control systems if the business requires additional transactional capabilities or support for beta applications
• Demonstrated strong project management and communication skills.
• Provide technical support for sales/commercial teams
• Provide technical support, training, and mentoring for project and field engineering teams
• Some travel required.
This position requires an individual that possesses a desire to learn and use the following cyber asset protection applications; intrusion detection, role-based access control, security information and event monitoring, security certificates, antivirus management, patching services, and back-up & recovery. Responsibilities will include the following;
• Develop and sustain engineering processes and tools to support execution of projects for industrial cyber asset protection systems
• Develop and sustain standard Server hardware configurations and accessories
• Develop and sustain standard network communications hardware; firewalls, routers, VLAN network communications, etc.
• Develop and sustain standard Virtual Machine software configurations and build instructions
• Develop and sustain cyber asset protection applications, tools, and reports for customer applications
• Develop and sustain customer product documentation and user guides
• Provide technical support and guidance for project and field engineering resources supporting project execution and commissioning
• Demonstrated strong project management, communication, and interpersonal skills
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited college or university.
• 1+ year of experience in cyber asset protection system application and design.
• Demonstrated experience in the application and design of the following cyber asset protection applications; intrusion detection systems, role-based access control, security information and event monitoring (SIEM), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) security certificates / certificate authority server, antivirus management, network deployment of software updates/patches, back-up and recovery systems.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems including; user account management, security/system hardening & device control, and patch management.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft PowerShell (or other) scripting and PC/Server administration
• Demonstrated experience in the development and application of virtual machines in a Microsoft Windows operating environment.
• Demonstrated experience in the configuration management of firewalls, routers, and other network communication equipment
• Experience with software development/programing using tools such as; VBA, Java, Python, etc.
• Knowledge and understanding of network communication protocols including; Modbus, GSM, OPC (DA, AE, UA), DNP3, etc.
• Knowledge of cyber asset protection regulations effecting the power section including; NERC CIP, NIST, NEI 08-09, ISA5100, and WIB.
• Demonstrated ability to meet agreed upon goals and measurements
• Strong customer service mind-set.
• Ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a matrix management environment.
• Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving ability and adept at communicating with several levels of the organization.
• Experience in interfacing with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Knowledge in the use of GE Control systems and applications
Locations: India; Pune