GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.comGE Oil & Gas
is a world
leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting
customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to
the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work.
We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation,
customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency,
productivity and equipment reliability.
We partner with our customers to develop their next generation workforce; help them to fully benefit from the
megatrends of natural gas, the growth of subsea and hard-to-reach reserves and the revolution in asset
health management. Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Role Summary:
GE’s Bently Nevada product line has been synonymous with machinery protection and condition monitoring and is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment. The company maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial centers of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in industries from refineries and petrochemical plants to hydroelectric facilities and wind farms. Essential Responsibilities:
• Diagnosing machinery problems based upon: vibration data, operational data, and customer communications.
• Complete documentation of findings/recommendations.
• Professional communications with customer and other team members
• Determine and Direct placement of Balance weights.
• Alignment - Reverse Dial, Laser, Optical Methodologies.
• Perform Asset Management Studies.
• Prepare timely Work Order requests, Quick Quotes and Invoicing packages.
• Assessment of job site Safety.
• Understand T&C commitments.
• Install transducers and configure monitoring systems.
• Assist in development of customer training courses.
• Ability to conduct internal and external training courses.
• Develop and refine the System 1 installations to be best in class for 1st line remote monitoring and diagnostics of covered assets.
• Training and mentoring of less senior/experienced SSA Site Leads and MDS Engineers with technical development plans in conjunction with the W Europe MDS Technical Leader.
• Reacting to customer required travel in a timely manner, while bringing all required diagnostic equipment. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Installation and commissioning of Bently Nevada hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
• Troubleshoot existing Bently Nevada hardware and software installations on-site.
• Provide technical assistance to customers on site as needed.
• Provide on-the-job training to customer employees as needed.
• Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-trades, and machine disassembly/reassembly.
• Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project success.
• Maintain accurate timesheets and acquire customer's signature on timesheets before leaving the job site.
• Write accurate and detailed reports after completion of each job.
• Maintain a working and operational knowledge of all Bently Nevada hardware and software.
• Monitor site safety during job execution. Desired Characteristics:
• A college degree is required. A BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is desirable.
• Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
• Ability to work under stressful working conditions.
• Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
• Mechanical trouble shooting skills. "Hands-on approach".
• Available for extensive travel, up to 60%, and significant over-time.
• Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand mechanical prints.
• Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
• Knowledge of machinery protection and management systems.
• Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services.
• A couple of years of vibration analysis or industry (energy and/or oil & gas) experience.
• Basic familiarity with computer network systems.
• Membership in a technical society such as IMechE, BINDT or Vibration Institute. Locations:
Netherlands; Capelle aan den IJssel