About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Is an equal opportunity employer
Role Summary: Job Overview: You will be working on multiple projects as a Software Architect. You will work on projects for components Service/Platform Components.
Essential Responsibilities: Essential Responsibilities: In this role, you will: • Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction. • Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint. • Gather and analyze data and develop architectural requirements at project level. • Participate in the EA (Enterprise Architecture) governance model. • Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses. • Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
Qualifications/Requirements: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: - Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 8 years technical experience (include technical experience)
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE: - Understands technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Understands concepts of setting and driving architecture direction.
- Familiar with elements of gathering architecture requirements.
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work.
Desired Characteristics: EYE FOR BUSINESS: - Understand key cross-functional concepts that impact the organization; is aware of business priorities and organizational dynamics.
LEADERSHIP: - Coaches and mentors team members.
- Familiar with concepts of costing hardware and software components. Works to assure work is on-time and within budget.
- Delivers tasks on-time with alignment to architectural goals. Can identify and raise issues, risks and benefits.
- Participates in change initiatives by implementing new directions and providing appropriate information and feedback.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: - Applies values, policies, procedures and precedent to make timely, routine decisions of limited, clear choice.
Reacts open-minded to new perspectives or ideas. Considers different or unusual solutions when appropriate.
- Resolves day-to-day issues related to strategy implementation. Call outs issues that impact the client and/or strategic initiatives.
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.