GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal Role Summary:
opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
What product line you’ll be leading?
As the Senior QA Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to front end & back end testing with focus on Web, SaaS and mobile platform based products. Essential Responsibilities:
Your Day at GE Digital:
- Own medium-sized quality engineering tasks, deliver while mentoring and helping team members.
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Integrate project testing with continuous-integration process.
- Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions.
- Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project and keeps abreast of evolving QA industry processes and standards.
- Develop and execute maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
- Help establish guidelines for testing and for software development.
- Master the basics of underlying Meridium technology (databases, windows, IIS, etc.).
- A minimum of 6 years of Software Testing experience with Web, SaaS and Mobile Platform based products, Oracle/SQL Server databases with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Extensive experience on building Test Automation Frameworks specifically in Java or C#.
- Experience testing web services (SOAP/REST; Throughput, Performance under Load, etc.)
- Experience in writing shell scripts for the purposes of testing solution code.
- Experience testing hosted or SaaS-based solutions.
- Experience testing mobile apps and exposure to test automation for mobile apps.
- Experience with statistical computing tools like R Script.
- Familiar with relational database design and good working knowledge of SQL for querying, updating, and deleting data.
- Strong proficiency with functional, regression, performance and stability testing techniques.
- Experience working in a cross-functional development team with the ability to influence quality of products in that environment.
- Demonstrates the initiative to explore
alternate technology and approaches to solving problems.
- Skilled in breaking down problems,
documenting problem statements and estimating efforts.
- Demonstrates awareness about industry
- Ability to take ownership of small and medium sized tasks.
- Ensures understanding of issues and
presents clear rationale.
- Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions.
- Uses two-way communication to influence
outcomes and ongoing results.
- Effectively balances different, competing
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective team building and problem
- Persists to completion, especially in the
face of overwhelming odds and setbacks.
- Pushes self for results; pushes others for
results through team spirit.