GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world
GE will be the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Each digital invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Digital Leadership:
GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkw9X4jobB8
GE - Digital:
GE is an equal Role Summary:
opportunity Employer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
What product line you’ll be leading?
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for working independently on components of an information development project. You will contribute to the team on a variety of projects and call upon team members for guidance as needed. You will contribute to the team and work independently. Essential Responsibilities:
Your Day at GE Digital:
You will develop and deliver high-quality content for the Predix Applications Engineering team using the following professional characteristics:
- Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
- Fundamental collaboration skills: ability to work with other writers and cross-functional peers.
- Fundamental knowledge of core technical communication concepts, such as topic-based authoring, minimalism, task-oriented design, single-sourcing.
- Understanding of core information development processes: content planning, content creation, content review.
- Ability to break down software processes into tasks necessary to the targeted user and effectively explaining those tasks to the user
- Basic ability to collaborate with subject matter experts to research a software product, determine functionality and design features, then communicate those effectively to the user
Years of Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in a technical writing role with a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree.
- Basic skills in editing (QA for documentation) – ability to recognize errors in a variety of information deliverables.
- Fundamental skills with the authoring tools used by the APM information development team: oXygen Author (DITA methodology), Astoria CMS, MadCap Flare, or Adobe RoboHelp.
- Ability to follow established information patterns to create information deliverables.
- Awareness of Lean/Agile/XP software development processes and how to follow processes for information development.
- Basic awareness of the major aspects of software design, development, and QA and how they affect the information development process.
- Ability to work to deadlines and think critically about the task at hand while maintaining an understanding of the relevance of the issue in the bigger picture.
- Basic domain and product knowledge, including appropriate terminology, with an awareness of GE Digital product line(s) and offerings.
- Awareness of how GE Digital drives value to its customers.
- Ability to voice opinions and present clear rationale. Effective use of data or factual evidence to influence.
- Recognition of collaborative behavior and participation in collaborative activities.
- Willingness and ability to learn organization vision statement and decision-making framework. Ability to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
- Willingness and ability to help team members.
- Ability to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions and ask questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present.
- Ability to identify opportunities for innovation and offer new ideas.