Lead ST Process Commissioning Engineer
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:48:31 PM
- Job Function: Project Management
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
ST Process Commissioning Engineer performs closed loop tuning for Steam turbine / generator and auxiliaries , cold and hot commissioning activities for ST instrumentation , ST control system, trouble shooting , ST systems tuning in safe reliable manner for ST equipment set.
He shall be familiar with AlSPA , for DCS closed loop tuning/modification , as well as for Field instrumentation setting and testing ( Hart, protocol, etc ).
The ST Process Commissioning engineer ensures monitoring, trouble shooting:
• Steam Turbine governing system / electronic-hydraulic systems
• Turbine control field instrumentation systems
• Turbine logic controller system- base controller, Automatic Controller, Thermal Stress evaluation, Valve
• Turbine control and supervisory equipment
• Turbine Speed & Load process and control possibilities, including over speed protection
• Knowledge and skills of ST hydraulic Actuators and feedback systems commissioning
• Knowledge and skills of ST Transducers / Converters Hydraulic – mechanical to/Electrical – Oil control system
• Knowledge and skills on ST control valve / Stop valve and relay valve actuation system
• Turbine stress control system
• Turbine vibration monitoring system
• Turbine protection system
• Turbine valve stroking- knowledge for Turbine valve actuators and drivers
• Turbine tuning – relationship between Turbine speed / position of the turbine governor
• Tuning turbine speed / change in load – Droop Control / Frequency Control
• Turbine main mode of operation knowledge
• Skills for calibration of all above STG field instrumentation, actuator, etc
• Knowledge on STG function and operation system = synchronisation, Load operation, steam pressure control,
manual control of valves, roll up, loading / de loading
• Working with AlSPA software and series 6 systems,
• Working knowledge on MFC3000, RX3i CPU315 systems and I/O cards.
• Set up the process and enterprise bus network.
• Set up and working with RTDS, Alta server and OWS.
• Study, review and correct logic and hardware documentation (SAMA, PFUPs, Wiring Diagrams,…)
• Implement modification using engineering tools (Contro-cad)
• Loop checks
• Instrumentation setting and testing (Hart, protocol, …)
• Perform elementary tests, then functional and sequence tests
• Tune and monitor both closed and open loop functions
• Coordinate with DCS for comprehensive tests
• Troubleshooting both hardware and software problems/incidents
• Fill in test sheets and ITPLs and create reports
• Inter-change with client and third parties
• Familiar with P320, and other industrial advanced control systems, PLC’s, DCSs, motor controls, etc
• Establish, develop and execute Site Acceptance Tests ( SAT)
• Participate and assist factory testing on control panels (FAT) – for TGC/DCS/Generator control panel.
• Knowledge of software and hardware of numerous PLC based Control/Monitoring systems, ABB, Allen Bradley, PC3000, etc
• Knowledge in all instruments disciplines including Digital/Analogue Electronics, pneumatics, Hydraulics, and process control, pressure, Temperature, Flow and level.
• Conducting tests and repairs on plant instrumentation and control systems.
• Provide technical supports for process commissioning engineer
• Complete I/O Checks, instrument configuration and required documentation for project
• Investigate and trouble shoot electrical control issues with the commissioning team
• Participate in Hazop Studies, and providing support in the instrumentation for procurement and construction activities.
• Commission and trouble shoot conventional IO, Hart and field bus Instruments loops.
• Develop instrument indexes and IO Point assignments.
• The personnel assigned to him/her are fully acquainted with the site specific rules, safety regulations and environmental protection measures and that they perform their work accordingly.
• All activities not identified in the standard or specific commissioning procedures are carried out under PTW,
according the site regulations.
Education & Training:
• University degree or technical qualification in engineering field
Experience gained on the job during professional life – more than 8 years of experience on Steam Turbine Commissioning and troubleshooting
• Proven experience in commissioning and troubleshooting on Steam Turbines
• Familiar with field bus and HART communication Protocol.
• Familiar with the hardware and software tools available for testing and diagnostics.
• Strong dedication to reach the project objectives
• Very good team spirit
• Able to handle the pressure
# Should be able to Travel more that 50% of the time to the Project sites for commissioning and Start up of Steam Turbine
Locations: India; Noida