Software Engineering Specialist
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:49:39 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Digital Technology
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This person will work as a product engineer in an Integration product (GELEGUA) development team and will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set.
• As a Product Engineer in an agile team, following the Scrum methodology developing a new technical-focused product in a fast-moving market.
• Design and Develop code in Java, WebServices, XML/Json, XSLT, SQL, Oracle/PostgreSQL/MongoDB while complying to SOA and Integration Best Practices
• Installing/Deploying products into AWS/CloudFoundry, and Work on continuous delivery and integration by automating incremental deployments using Dev Ops tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Docker, etc
• Provide required support for these products and associated technologies.
• Contributing to the development of internal tools, applications and processes as well as the open source products we support.
• Following defined Agile development processes.
• Is open to receiving guidance and direction; asks questions and communicate challenges.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 0-2 years of professional experience
• Programming skills in full stack Java, SOA, WebServices, Python/bash scripting, SQL, and source code control using Git/SVN.
• Knowledge and experience with Linux. You must be comfortable working from the command line.
• Bachelors in computer science / software engineering or Masters in Computer Science, particularly operating system internals, memory management, and networking.
• Strong ability to communicate clearly and professionally in written and verbal English.
• Ideally, experience with, or understanding of distributed computing and Big Data concepts – NoSQL, MongoDB, Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Elastic, etc.
• Tertiary qualifications in software engineering or related discipline
Locations: India; Bangalore