Customer Application Engineer- CC integration
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:49:41 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
He/she provides technical support and creative solutions to drive sales and business opportunities specifically in the MEA region.
He/she prepares technical proposals (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition).
He/she supports engineering deliverables and engages in the solution of field issues.
He/she leads projects and initiatives in the field of CC integration and evaluation of any impact on the bottoming cycle as well as BOP.
He/she executes the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles
and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product/program requirements.
• Work closely with GAS team to help evaluate the best possible solution(s) for the customer
• Advise the needed changes/uprates that can contribute to adding value to the overall plant solution.
• Advise risk areas where solutions need to be enhanced/improved and how to tackle these risks from the perspective of quoting or executing
• Link the GT uprates with other available uprates for the total plant solution scheme.
• Assess performance impact of the plant to define the needed upgrades/solutions to achieve the outcome for customers
• Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments.
• Lead or participate in organizational efforts in assigned projects and/or tasks.
• Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
• Carry out plant assessment and site inspection as needed
• Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering.
• At least 10 years of experience in CC/plant engineering including experience as (field) commissioning engineer, design engineer or performance engineer as a plus
• Fluent in English. Proficiency in Arabic and/or French will be an advantage.
• Full PC proficiency with relevant office and engineering software including CAD
• Plant modeling software is an advantage
• Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Strong background in at least one of the following areas: gas turbines, steam turbines, power plant operation and/or maintenance.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Open personality and team player and able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Locations: Egypt; Cairo