EID, Aviation Engineering Product Definition Intern
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:49:58 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Engineering
Location(s): Turkey; Gebze
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Whether you are a graduate or an undergraduate, GE offers fantastic opportunities for talented individuals, to help build a successful future. With over 300,000 employees located in over 100 countries globally, this makes GE an exciting and innovative organization to be a part of. Working for a company as large and diverse as GE truly does mean that your career can go wherever you want it to.
The main responsibility of the Intern will be to support a team of Product Definition Engineers on their daily work activities which briefly are as follows;
• Create 3-D models in a full parametric modeling environment using NX (formerly Unigraphics) functionality, as well as check, validate, and issue NX master models and associated drawings
• Determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing capabilities
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data to internal and external customers
• Document technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
On top of supporting the above items the intern will also be responsible of supporting any work item the Team Leaders and Engineers might direct to him/her.
• Undergraduate (year 3/4) of Aeronautics, Astronautics, Aerospace, Mechanical Engineering departments
• Good command of English & Turkish (reading/writing)
• Good command of MS Office Skills (especially MS Excel and MS Power point)
• Eager to learn, open to communication, self motivated
• Able to work minimum 3 days a week for a 6 month period of time
• Familiarity with a CAD software (UG etc)
• Advanced MS Office Excel command is an asset
Locations: Turkey; Gebze