Government Affairs & Policy Leader , North East Africa
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:50:04 PM
- Job Function: Legal
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization Middle East North Africa Turkey
Location(s): Egypt; Cairo
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The position holder will lead GE’s government affairs and policy initiatives in Egypt, Libya and South Sudan. He or she will set policy strategy, drive company government affairs initiatives, and advise on a broad range of governmental, policy and regulatory issues. The Government Affairs & Policy Leader will report functionally to the Executive of Government Affairs & Policy, GGO North Africa and operationally to the Chief Executive Officer of GGO, North East Africa.
• Develop and implement a strategic approach to GE engagement with government entities in Egypt, Libya and South Sudan.
• Lead GE teams on government affairs initiatives, implementing actions vis-à-vis government institutions and regulatory agencies in a wide range of areas including energy, healthcare, environmental regulations, international trade, finance/capital, and intellectual property.
• Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures and changes in government players.
• Support sales to governments by helping sales teams tailor GE bids to government needs, marshalling government support and advocacy for GE’s bids, and utilizing governmental financing
• Identify and quantify top governmental issues for GE and achieve results on those issues and opportunities.
• Undergraduate and/or graduate degree preferably in law, political science, public policy or economics.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience, including significant relevant experience with a government, global corporation or with an international law or consultancy firm.
• Strong relationships with government officials and influencers or the demonstrated potential to build such relationships.
• Deep knowledge of institutions, regulation, policies and priorities and decision processes in North East Africa.
• Previous experience in the area of transactional support and funding programs would be a significant advantage.
• Understanding of both civil and military procurement processes
• Understanding of infrastructure, healthcare and defense industries.
• Ability to cope with pressure and multiple deadlines.
• Issue advocacy and influencing skills with track record of successful application on behalf of a corporation or government
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to lay out clear, logical and implementable game plans
• Proven ability to execute effectively on priority tasks and responsibilities, including linking details to broad outcomes
• Ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment at all levels of the organization
• Advanced communication skills - both written and verbal
• Ability to deal effectively with people and work in diverse multinational teams
• Ability to anticipate trends and manage risk
• High level of energy, ability to motivate and inspire others
Locations: Egypt; Cairo