Engineering Manager, Piping Arrangement
- GE Power
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:51:08 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Steam Power Systems
Location(s): India; Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for Piping & Arrangement discipline in Strict compliance with GE ‘the Spirit and the Letter’ and HSE directives.
Compliance with state of the art engineering practices, quality in engineering deliverables, and compliance as well as safety in engineering within his/her area of responsibility.
Ensure a collaborative approach in all aspects with the Products Lines system engineering discipline leaders, project’s lead engineers, project’s engineering manager a
• Responsible for the quality right first time, on-time and complete delivery, within budget of assigned work packages, engineering deliverables, as specified by the assigner by:
- Defining the processes and tools requirements.
- Identifying the resources (quantity and skillset) of own employees, sub-contractors.
- Managing the workload received, when necessary, from the different Product Lines.
- Documenting, developing, maintaining the know-how of his/her function.
- Managing experience feedback and continuous improvement cycles in coordination with Product Lines counter-parts.
- Defining objectives, key performance indicators and ensuring that these are known within the organization.
• Ensure that the design of his/her system engineering discipline complies with the applicable rules, regulations, codes and standards and to the best engineering practices of the industry especially about environmental aspects and health & safety for site personnel, operators, maintenance personnel and third parties.
• Manage the system engineering discipline cost budget
and recovery rate targets, fighting hard against any under-recovery.
• Ensure the information flow to and training of his/her engineering community for the efficient and effective application of Engineering methods.
• Conduct any additional tasks as implied by SPS business, Product Lines Technology centers, directives, instructions, requests.
- Define objectives and targets for subordinates (both direct and functional) in line with the engineering objectives of the projects under execution or of the overall Engineering function.
- Member of relevant Engineering Management team.
- Participate internally to discussions on Engineering methods, tools, on preparation of the appropriate decisions.
Bachelors in Engineering
At least ten (10) years of experience in the Power Plant Business, in Engineering and in the Management of lead engineers, engineers.
Strong ability to communicate verbally and in written English with preferably a second language.
Excellent capabilities in the explanation of complex technical and working processes.
Broad knowledge in the field of engineering practices, ability to motivate position, analysis for the appropriate use within SPS business and projects stakeholders.
Knowledge of power plant and/or steam turbine process design
Strong intercultural skills and abilities for management of worldwide processes, procedures and leading with local management.
Team player, leadership, collaborative, international exposure.
Fluent in English (spoken and written), capable for advanced level presentations in English.
ability to travel to international clients and partners
Site commissioning experience
Six Sigma Certification
Steadiness in performance, has the ability to stand up well under stress, ability to stand his ground, self motivated
Locations: India; Noida