GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
This role, a China based member of GE Global Operations Supply Chain indirect sourcing is responsible for indirect supply chain services’ agreements is responsible for Indirect sourcing matters.
The role will be part of a Global Operations supply chain legal team supporting Indirect Sourcing team. The role will work closely with the global operations legal global team and the GE business units in the region. You will also be involved in some regional or global matters. Essential Responsibilities:
• Supply Chain commercial agreements, including IFM, MRO, Professional services, business process outsourcing, engineering consulting and development services, HR services, telecom, serving and technology contracting (license agreements, SaaS agreements, all types of cloud, open source, technology-related hardware agreements, technology-related services agreements including in alignment with Global Operations and the GE global businesses and the GE functions (such as finance, marketing, business development, HR, IT, compliance, legal and security (data and physical))
• Support Global operations transformation through process refinement, template standardizations, localization and digitization
• Effectively support cross-functional teams through the RFI, RFP and other applicable sourcing processes: including requirements definition, bid/negotiations, contract documentation and integration, ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained at each tollgate.
• Develop and support negotiation with suppliers – including statements of work and underlying framework purchase, licensing and outsourcing and/or professional services agreements.
• Training to the in-house customers
• Support some supply chain template localizations
• Supervising outside counsel when necessary
• Law legal degree with 5+ years of legal experience (in house and /or law firm) from accredited law school handling commercial matters with at least 3 years’ experience handling property and commercial legal matters.
• Candidate must be fluent in English Desired Characteristics:
• Demonstrated experience and strength with contract drafting and negotiation
• Ability to navigate in a matrix environment
• Digital legal mindset (digitization experience of legal tools and templates will be a plus)
• organized and results-oriented
• Effective counselor with ability to implement a shared vision, energize others, challenge the status quo and drive change within the organization
• Must have self-confidence to be able to work in a fast-paced transactional environment
• Strong customer service and global mindset with the ability to enhance internal/external customer relationships.
China; ShangHai; Shanghai