Senior Services Director
- GE Digital
- Posted 5/17/2017 4:51:26 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Digital Commercial Professional Services & Support
Location(s): Australia; North Sydney
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a leader on the GE Digital Professional Services Team, you will lead the Project Services Business focused on manufacturing system deployment in APAC. You will engage with customers and their leadership teams, and numerous GE cross-functional teams and leadership, including Sales, Technology, Finance, Product Management, Product Support, and peer leaders in other regions.
You will lead a team responsible for the implementation of Brilliant Manufacturing and MES project deployments, involving integration of multiple business systems, manufacturing systems, and platforms.
In this role, you will:
• Lead business and execution planning activities for manufacturing project deployment.
• Lead an organization of project managers, team leaders, engineers, software application developers, and consultants to deploy GE Digital solutions in the manufacturing domain.
• Develop and manage a business model for the successful and profitable execution of manufacturing solutions projects for deployment to large multi-site enterprise customers.
• Lead and inspire a culture of continuous improvement, driving adoption of emerging Predix technology while leveraging standardized solutions and integration strategies.
• Facilitate the deployment of complex manufacturing systems that include a broad range of both emerging and proven capabilities and technologies from the GE Digital product portfolio.
• Manage the resource planning function to effectively staff project activities, developing a strong bench of technology-aware contributors with deep domain knowledge.
• Develop a strong ecosystem of partners with skilled consultants, experienced with GE Digital products and services delivery techniques.
• Drive strong governance processes, personally contributing to program and project oversight, customer success, and delivery of outcomes.
• Proactively interact with multiple business functions to deliver on business commitments, providing transparency and accountability, and growing the overall contributions of GE Digital Professional Services.
• Take a leadership role in creating effective and efficient project execution and deployment strategies through standardized approaches, training, and by leveraging a strong network of relationships with commercial, technology, and product teams.
• Bachelor’s and/or Advanced Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in software and engineering services delivery.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in project and program leadership.
• Minimum 10 years of experience in leading teams of engineers, software developers, deployment technologists, and project leaders.
• Strong exposure to enterprise manufacturing software project execution.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate at multiple stakeholder levels.
• Demonstrated ability to proactively engage and manage complex technical and commercial situations.
• Legal authorization to work in the region is required.
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel 50%
• Strong spoken and written English language skills.
• Serves as a coach/mentor to others on best practices for project delivery and execution; Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction.
• Able to make or recommend decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives.
• Demonstrated capability to see around corners and prescribe architectures or solutions targeted to maximum scalability, repeatability and supportability; Able to synthesize data governance and security opportunities where appropriate; Possesses astute holistic understanding of to-be product roadmaps and ability to mitigate risks via multi-generational proposals to iterate on value delivery Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues; Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions.
• Possesses deep level of knowledge about overall network implementation from customer site to GE datacenter; Able to utilize networking tools to identify and resolve complex networking errors; Able to design and implement network architecture for global sites to access the GE Cloud securely and with high performance.
• Possesses deep understanding of an entire product line, with significant domain experience in the same industry; Understands the customers’ needs at a level which results in proactive discussions about product roadmap.
• Strong exposure to MES technologies, including automated data collection, visualization, quality and efficiency in manufacturing, SCADA, automated decision control, workflow, database applications, scheduling, and interface to ERP systems.
• Software skills in software analysis, design, methodology, and architecture.
• Programming experience in software development with Microsoft Visual Studio / Development tools and C# programming.
• Experience with various types of manufacturing including, engineer to order, make to stock, and make to order processes for both discrete and process industries.
• Exposure to industry standard data models, such as S95, and key MES functions as defined by MESA.
• Experience in software analysis, design, quality assurance, SW methodology, and architecture.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software development practices, languages, and tools.
• Experience with Windows, .NET, SQL databases, Web Services and SOA technologies.
• Experience with enterprise software and large distributed systems.
• Experience with development in an ISO-certified environment.
• Minimum 3 years of experience with GEIP Proficy Products such as Proficy for Manufacturing Discrete (PfMD), SOA / WF, and Plant Applications, or comparable competitive products.
• Minimum 3 years of experience designing or implementing MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) applications.
• Able to lead the implementation of economic value selling throughout the customer organizations.
• Able to uncover and articulate critical success factors necessary for the customer to acquire, implement, and utilize a solution; assists customer in identifying shortcomings even when they may delay a commercial decision.
• Able to establish, maintain, and grow key executive relationships within customer accounts; Adept at navigating political and hierarchical landscape and facilitates the customer decision making process.
• Able to create methods and tools to bring system thinking to design practices and to cross-functional teams.
• Envisions technology landscape best practices and translates them to requirements, architecture and tooling; Defines governance models and engagement processes for use by dependent functions.
• Establishes vision, identifies and champions internal and external best practices, tools, and ideas to improve execution and quality; Drives efficiency, accountability and ownership in the organization.
• Is a recognized expert and leader in creating new solution approaches, driving adoption of new technology, product improvements, and understanding of the most complex application requirements; Skilled in communicating with diverse and global audiences, providing leadership across a wide range of technologies, products, and services.
• Able to develop project plans for multiple initiatives and/or large projects, including outcome definitions, timeline, staffing and resource models, risk mitigation, communication plans, status reporting, and issues management; Effectively communicates to multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders.
• Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes and benefits from the solution; Advocates for the customer to have the right GE teams and capabilities in place to ensure critical success factors are met.
• Evangelizes the notion that anything worth doing takes repeated effort and failure; Able to drive the organization toward a continued excitement of attaining the vision and goal in the face of resistance.
• Effectively directs and mentor’s others in critical thinking skills; Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices.
Locations: Australia; North Sydney