About Us: GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The focus of this role is to support the planning and forecasting of the financials of a segment of the business and participation in simplification efforts.
Essential Responsibilities: Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Support GE Healthcare Finance/Business planning cycles including Growth Playbook (3-year Plan), SII (1-year Plan) and Operating Plan
2. Participate in quarterly / yearly Accounting closing processes
3. Provide financial data to finance and operating teams in an effort to drive growth
4. Providing initial analysis and input necessary analytics to highlight key business performance drivers; Identifying risks and opportunities throughout the quarter and developing processes to mitigate risks while capitalizing on opportunities
5. Consolidating actual operating performance and reporting results
6. Working with Finance Managers and operations leaders to drive opportunities for improvement in variable cost, base cost, and material variance
7. Participate in simplification projects that will facilitate and increase capacity for value-added financial analysis
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration OR high school diploma / GED and 3 years progressive financial work experience
1. Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
3. Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP) or graduate of other financial leadership programs
4. Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
5. Strong PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications such as Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc. Strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc)
6. Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
7. Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
8. Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
9. Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.