About Us: GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: The purpose of this role is to make sure smooth and compliant transition of projects into support for the analytic solutions as part of our commitment to deliver world-class applications in the Renewable Wind Energy business.
Essential Responsibilities: This role will require solid experience of complex IT projects as well as IT support. Additionally, knowledge of the end-to-end solutions in enterprise analytic solutions (ERP, Greenplum, Cloud, Web) is necessary.
Furthermore, the role will have a secondary responsibility for IT project management later.
The successful candidate will work in an inspiring international environment in the Supply Chain Sourcing function and will cover the following activities:
- Work with project/ program manager(s) and project teams to ensure moving projects to ongoing support
- Explore and define transition requirements and processes
- Ensure and comply with all aspects of transitions to support including legal, quality, financial, SOX, infra and application management and others
- Define processes, metrics and measures to improve project delivery quality
- Track and communicate progress, highlight issues, provide reports
- Work with suppliers, possibly be involved with and take responsibility for support supplier selection
- Responsibility covers handover of the end-to-end solution
- The scope of activities will cover all three areas in renewable energy solutions: onshore, offshore and hydro generators
- Occasional international travel will be required
- No direct reports, will have to work with multiple suppliers
- The role may evolve/switch over to IT project management role to manage a project team to deliver analytic solutions
Qualifications/Requirements: - Experience in at least 3-5 full lifecycle IT delivery projects, ideally knowing project management methodologies
- Good knowledge of IT application and infrastructure support, familiar with ITIL, backup and retention policies
- Proven track record of transition management
- Able to manage suppliers to deliver
- Strong IT background
- Understanding concepts of Big Data, Greenplum and PostgreSQL, possibly Oracle and MSSQL
- Basic knowledge with SAP, Integration, ideally with Oracle
- Basic understanding of cloud services and related ETL integration technologies
- Some knowledge of Data Warehouse and BI solutions, Tableau is a plus
- Good command of English communication is a must, French is an advantage
Desired Characteristics: - Competent and persistent to work in multilateral, complex and large organization
- Professional, can-do and will-do attitude is required
- Flexible, team-player mindset is a great advantage
- Experience and exposure to highly international work environment
- Willingness to take a step further, self-driven personality
- Ability to work in a disciplined, focused and structured manner with good time-management skills
We are in the process of transitioning to an improved job application system and in the interim we are operating with two systems. Have your Job ID ready (from the email you received when you applied) to log in and check your application status.
Click the appropriate button. If you don't know your job ID, you can still check your status: use both buttons.